Spikes appearing at the bottom of a kicked generator?

I'm back in the game after a long time.

While "training" to get back some decent controls and reflexes I've noticed that, sometimes, spikes appear at the bottom of a gen I've just kicked.

I have no idea what that is.

Comments

  • After 8 regression events you can no longer regress a generator - This was done to prevent 3 gens.

    I'll grab a link to the update notes for you - this change just happened.


    Edit

    Here are the patch notes

    Features Field of View Settings There is a new settings option in DbD! Players now have the ability to adjust their FOV, or field-of-view, with a slider in the Settings Menu. This allows players with a first-person-camera (Killers, with the exception of The Good Guy) to adjust their field-of-view, reducing motion-sickness…


  • @Dustin said:

    After 8 regression events you can no longer regress a generator - This was done to prevent 3 gens.

    I'll grab a link to the update notes for you - this change just happened.

    Edit

    Here are the patch notes

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/430-7-5-0-alan-wake

    You mean that that kick limit it's only 8 times for all generators? 8 kicks per game?

    I got that with 3 gens left.

    Survivors flee immediately when I'm still far. They are too far to pursue. I kick the gen and I go to the next one.

    I guess kicking isn't a thing I should do then.

  • @Dustin said:

    After 8 regression events you can no longer regress a generator - This was done to prevent 3 gens.

    I'll grab a link to the update notes for you - this change just happened.

    Edit

    Here are the patch notes

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/430-7-5-0-alan-wake

    I'm on a trackpad and I've slippe when trying to click on "yes" to say you answered my question ... 😫

    And these wonderful forums don't seem to allow to mark the post as an answer anymore.

    Could you put the answer again right below so I can mark it? (Maybe editing the post is enough?)

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643806#Comment_3643806

    You mean that that kick limit it's only 8 times for all generators? 8 kicks per game?

    I got that with 3 gens left.

    Survivors flee immediately when I'm still far. They are too far to pursue. I kick the gen and I go to the next one.

    I guess kicking isn't a thing I should do then.

    From what I gather, the spikes will start showing as a warning that a gen is getting close to hitting its limit (not just when it has already hit that limit), and it's supposed to be 8 events per gen.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643806#Comment_3643806

    You mean that that kick limit it's only 8 times for all generators? 8 kicks per game?

    I got that with 3 gens left.

    Survivors flee immediately when I'm still far. They are too far to pursue. I kick the gen and I go to the next one.

    I guess kicking isn't a thing I should do then.

    Still should, what killer were you using for this to occur?

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643806#Comment_3643806

    I'm on a trackpad and I've slippe when trying to click on "yes" to say you answered my question ... 😫

    And these wonderful forums don't seem to allow to mark the post as an answer anymore.

    Could you put the answer again right below so I can mark it? (Maybe editing the post is enough?)

    After 8 regression events you can no longer regress a generator - This was done to prevent 3 gens.

    I'll grab a link to the update notes for you - this change just happened.

    Features Field of View Settings There is a new settings option in DbD! Players now have the ability to adjust their FOV, or field-of-view, with a slider in the Settings Menu. This allows players with a first-person-camera (Killers, with the exception of The Good Guy) to adjust their field-of-view, reducing motion-sickness…

    The spikes that appear I believe are a visual warning that start appearing after the 4th regression event and will automatically appear when you approach the generator at 8 when it's fully blocked. Keep note I'm not entirely sure if this is actually how it works but I've spoken to a few and it's really not clear aside from the spikes just let you know you're getting close to being unable to regress it anymore.

    That being said - Spikes are part of the limited regression changes you can inflict on a generator.

    Hope this helps

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643806#Comment_3643806

    You mean that that kick limit it's only 8 times for all generators? 8 kicks per game?

    I got that with 3 gens left.

    Survivors flee immediately when I'm still far. They are too far to pursue. I kick the gen and I go to the next one.

    I guess kicking isn't a thing I should do then.

    It’s not 8 total, it’s 8 per generator. If you kick a specific gen 8 times then you can’t kick that one anymore, but the other gens won’t be affected. Any regression perk that removes at least 2.5% progress from the gen also counts (so Surge, Pain Res, and Eruption count, but Ruin does not).

    Additionally, Killer kick regression is now 5% instead of 2.5% and survivors can’t gen-tap to stop regression anymore.

  • It's not killer specific. Since I've not played for a long while I'm pitted against survivors who tend to either run as soon as I look in their general direction, or survivors who move five meters and try to hide in a corner or a bush.

    And since I use "nowhere to hide" I tend to kick generators a lot.

    I don't see the limit as a big problem mind you. I can adapt. Worst case I limit myself to a few chase-oriented killers.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643823#Comment_3643823

    It’s not 8 total, it’s 8 per generator. If you kick a specific gen 8 times then you can’t kick that one anymore, but the other gens won’t be affected. Any regression perk that removes at least 2.5% progress from the gen also counts (so Surge, Pain Res, and Eruption count, but Ruin does not).

    Additionally, Killer kick regression is now 5% instead of 2.5% and survivors can’t gen-tap to stop regression anymore.

    Eight time per gen seems fine for a match. I believe I've hit the limit because I've dropped MMR after so much time and my matches are on the newbie side.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643823#Comment_3643823

    From what I gather, the spikes will start showing as a warning that a gen is getting close to hitting its limit (not just when it has already hit that limit), and it's supposed to be 8 events per gen.

    I may have kicked the gens once or twice after the spikes indeed.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643806#Comment_3643806

    You mean that that kick limit it's only 8 times for all generators? 8 kicks per game?

    I got that with 3 gens left.

    Survivors flee immediately when I'm still far. They are too far to pursue. I kick the gen and I go to the next one.

    I guess kicking isn't a thing I should do then.

    It's 8 kicks for each independent generator - not across all generators. If you kick the same gen 5 times and it gets completed, you can still kick any other gen up to 8 times, you would NOT be limited to 3 kicks for the remaining gens.

    Also, having Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance hit a gen counts as a kick, and the explosion from Eruption and Jolt each count as a kick.