Hot Take: Gen tapping is now stronger than ever

Has everyone caught on to the fact that once a generator has been kicked, you can effectively just hold the gen for 4 seconds, let go, and then the regression timer starts over? This means you can basically make it so that the gen can never be kicked (obviously gen regression/blocking perks that don't require kicking the gen still work). This can become extremely strong mid to late game once all pain res stacks have been used up.

Comments

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    Aye. Currently there's a bug with wire tap that capitalizes on that. I love the internet!

    Yep I knew about the wiretap one and then thought “wait, then can’t we all just use this to completely prevent gen kicking all together?” If all survivors started doing this, it would become meta overnight.

  • Clearly a bug and not intended, pretty sure if it becomes widespread it'll be hotfixed.

  • The Wiretap thing is pretty ridiculous. I don't know how they hadn't though of that. Let's hope they'll adjust this soon. I think it would be better, if survivors would automatically repair a gen for 1-1.5 seconds instead of the 5% progress.

    @ripinchaos said:

    Clearly a bug and not intended, pretty sure if it becomes widespread it'll be hotfixed.

    It's not a bug but an oversight. Everything works just as intended.

  • It will be fixed in a patch that may come tomorrow.

    gen.jpg


  • People predicted this would happen though. When I saw the new regression change I was like, oh nice, when a Killer uses Pain Res I will tap it for 4 seconds to deny him to Pop it on top. But after 7,5 years of developing this still comes as a surprise?

  • @peti28 said:

    It will be fixed in a patch that may come tomorrow.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/THG6RY8O9VFV/gen.jpg

    Thank goodness. Don't think I've ever had that used against me before, but it was always something I've never wanted to have to go against.

  • @Nick said:

    People predicted this would happen though. When I saw the new regression change I was like, oh nice, when a Killer uses Pain Res I will tap it for 4 seconds to deny him to Pop it on top. But after 7,5 years of developing this still comes as a surprise?

    That's not the issue, and it's not what's getting fixed. You'll still be able to do that. You won't be able to do it indefinitely so the killer can never go interact with it again.

    It's also stronger than it sounds and will hinder survivors in most situations. You're basically keeping Ruin on the gen. It'll take longer to finish the gen and you're more likely to lose your progress when the killer chases you off and doesn't have to do anything.

  • @peti28 said:

    It will be fixed in a patch that may come tomorrow.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/THG6RY8O9VFV/gen.jpg

    thank you for this, i'm very glad. not only wiretap that can be used to deny pop too