Lets think of some themes for new chapters.
Egyptian theme, I watched the mummy film a few days ago and honestly inside the pyramid in the sharp corridors has the potential for intense moments.
Imagine footprints 👣 making tracks in the sand making you need to pay more attention to your surroundings.
Killer could be The Pharoh, Survivor could be some ww1 explorer guy or an avid scholar and librarian lady who is definitely not called Evie. I liked the mummy films.

Google image of an example of The Pharoh.
Imagine footprints 👣 making tracks in the sand making you need to pay more attention to your surroundings.
Killer could be The Pharoh, Survivor could be some ww1 explorer guy or an avid scholar and librarian lady who is definitely not called Evie. I liked the mummy films.

Google image of an example of The Pharoh.
Comments
I really like that idea, Pharaoh or some form of mummy!
I would like to see a Frankensteins monster chapter, the man who is 10 men! That or Godzilla.......
I just want a religion themed chapter. A priest or a bishop killer with a very good hearted cute christian survivor (possibly a female character).
A church map, and a cemetery map would be great.
Why forbidden?
Not "religious", but "religion-based". As in, based on any particular mythology. That kind of thing can get games boycotted and/or banned in some countries (depending on the religion, the country will be different).
Didn't stop them making fatty clown.
what about a lake or house on haunted hill theme? motel....graveyard? i know we have freddy's school but what about the silent hill house/map? catacombs? no doubt i would get lost or caves....
@AshleyWB Oh, I could understand if they made a murderer Jesus or Tom Cruise but a priest of nondescript religion may be OK?
That's up to the religious groups who're offended by unflattering depictions of their respective religions.
I understand that this may be taken as offensive. I respect that people each have there own beliefs but sometimes I wonder what the harm is if it is not an insult intended.
The clown reminds me of a less perverted Papa knoth from outlast 2.
It would be unintended and could attract a lot of unwanted criticism. The devs know their rights from wrongs. They can character build well without delving into the grey areas.
Some people perceive anything that isn't total support of their PoV to be opposition to their PoV. If you point out anything wrong that they said, they turn hostile and perceive you as an enemy.
In this case, if anything is seen as unflattering, they decry it as being a mockery of their beliefs and call for censure. Hell, for some groups, just depicting something that is loosely based on their beliefs is enough to trigger them, because it'll never be accurate (never mind the fact that every religion has a metric ton of denominations).
Unfortunately for those of us who just want good entertainment and don't mind if the entertainment is satirical or doesn't accurately portray religious beliefs, these groups sometimes hold positions of power; either directly by literally being the ruling class, or indirectly by having great numbers. Thus, they can have good entertainment pulled just because they didn't like it by creating a major shitstorm. It's happened many times this century, primarily with TV series and movies, but also in the form of book burnings.
I remember years ago playing southpark stick of truth a whole section of that game was censored by eu law and I couldn't see who was getting probed by an alien.
Apparently it was too graphic. I think if I bought the game I know what I am gonna encounter.
That was actually Ubisoft's decision. EU law actually has very little censorship, believe it or not.
So true! Religion has so much power as unfortunately with most things the loudest are the ones heard!
@AshleyWB I remember this, I understand that a large amount of people would not want to see this however I doupt that most of them would buy a south park game!
It'll get a lot worse if the rising neo-Nazi movement gets their way.
Yes, that will be a troubling time if you do not fit to the ideals that they believe. I believe in free speech but not speech of hatred.
This is why I said we should add a good christian girl or boy as the survivor, to avoid conflict. They would represent the good side of the belief while the killer would represent the corrupted mind. If we created a killer that is religion based and then put a secular/atheist survivor against him, it would be widely misunderstood. Hell even I would misunderstand it and question the intention behind that.
The reason why I wanted 'christian' theme is because most people that are playing this game has that background and it is used many times, be it movies, tv series, books (Stephen king for example) etc.
But I get what you mean. Even if we did what I proposed, people would still get offended and it is not good for a business. Still, religion based horror themes are great imo.
I'd like Nun killer, and since we already have a church map I'd say like an abandoned catholic orphanage or something to keep it different.