The gen got blocked after 4 kicks!

I always record my Huntress matches and noticed i kicked a gen only 4 times and it got blocked. I had 4 aura read perks/ no gen regression. Why did it get blocked? Do missed skill checks count?

Comments

  • Did a survivor have Repressed Alliance maybe?

  • @Nazzzak said:

    Did a survivor have Repressed Alliance maybe?

    Nope! I just checked the video.

    Media Player 1_30_2024 8_34_03 PM.png


  • I'm going to make an assumption that you made an attempt kick the generator which failed after you saw those glowing spikes jut up around it, in which case it's a bug.

    If you saw the spikes and assumed it was blocked, that's not the case. The VfX start showing after the 3rd regression event, which I think is too early as it has caught some people out. Yes, it's mentioned in the notes, but I feel it is too early for that to be showing. I'd say it should show on the 6th regression event, so it acts as a "3 strikes and you're out" warning.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    I'm going to make an assumption that you made an attempt kick the generator which failed after you saw those glowing spikes jut up around it, in which case it's a bug.

    If you saw the spikes and assumed it was blocked, that's not the case. The VfX start showing after the 3rd regression event, which I think is too early as it has caught some people out. Yes, it's mentioned in the notes, but I feel it is too early for that to be showing. I'd say it should show on the 6th regression event, so it acts as a "3 strikes and you're out" warning.

    No, you’re right. I only watched the video about it which didn’t mention that at all! I kicked it 4 times and never tried kicking it again as I assumed it was blocked. My bad.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3638830#Comment_3638830

    No, you’re right. I only watched the video about it which didn’t mention that at all! I kicked it 4 times and never tried kicking it again as I assumed it was blocked. My bad.

    No need for the "my bad" bit. I would say having a VfX like that coming up early on can be pretty distracting. I honestly think those would be better off appear towards the end of the regression count than so early on.

  • Would you care to show it on Video if you record your matches?