"Autofill" queue as a solution to... a lot of stuff

In league, people need to occasionally get auto filled into a specific lane role to make sure every role gets filled. In Dota, you have to play a game as a "high demand" role in order to earn a few games as your preferred role.

One problem I see that comes up a lot is that people have opinions that only seem to make sense if you have almost all your experience in one role and never play the other role. Another problem is the imbalance in what role people queue for at what time. Obviously we have the BP incentive but that doesn't do quite enough; if it did you wouldn't go hours on end with 100% bonus on survivors which happens at the time I often play.

Something that could fix both of these is a solo-queue that lets you earn tokens which can then be spent on playing role-choice games. You would choose what killers you are willing to play and the matchmaking tries to either find a survivor game or a game for one of the chosen killers. You could also give all players a few free tokens on a regular basis (say, 13 bonus every rank reset) so casual players who only log in once a month to play sandbag with friends aren't punished

Dota's equivalent to this gives 4 tokens per 1 game played and I think a number like that could be fair. You could even integrate this into the underused thumbs-up system - for each kudos you give or get after the match, you get a bonus token. That way, you don't need to play too may games of autofill and it encourages giving feedback

Comments

  • That's basically ban killer system with extra steps... if I get it right

  • @VomitMommy said:

    That's basically ban killer system with extra steps... if I get it right

    how do you mean?

    ...do you think when I said "you choose the killers you are willing to play" I meant "...willing to play against"?

    No, I meant "you choose a list of killers you're willing to play AS, if you get randomly assigned the role of killer."

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3636581#Comment_3636581

    how do you mean?

    ...do you think when I said "you choose the killers you are willing to play" I meant "...willing to play against"?

    No, I meant "you choose a list of killers you're willing to play AS, if you get randomly assigned the role of killer."

    Oh, ok. My bad then.

  • While I don't have anything against learning survivor (I'm mostly playing killer) I have to admit that I really don't like being forced to play a specific role and or character. I'd prefer them to try to encourage a more even playerbase more passively.

    (And yes I know that that wouldn't matter for me too much because at least in my MMR-Range in Europe it's mostly killers that have a lower playercount. But I wanted to tell my view anyways)