Plunderer's Instinct should add a single chest to the trial

In the same way that Hoarder is a killer perk that adds chests to the map, Plunderer's Instinct should also add a chest to the map when brought in by a survivor. Combined with the aura reading it would increase the chance of reaching at least one chest. Multiple survivors bringing this perk would stack, though this is very unlikely to happen in normal play. It would be a welcome alternative to chest offerings, or something to use alongside them, especially for survivors attempting to do daily rituals or tome challenges.

Comments

  • Not a bad idea, but I'd prefer an increase in chest opening speed. I don't understand why Pharmacy does that (only when you're injured), but Plunderer's doesn't...

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    Not a bad idea, but I'd prefer an increase in chest opening speed. I don't understand why Pharmacy does that (only when you're injured), but Plunderer's doesn't...

    I would like a perk that did that too. I don't know if it should be this perk, or added as a secondary effect to another perk, but I would definitely like something I can equip for that, especially if it cancels out the penalty of Calm Spirit.

  • Yeah, I'm not sure why this perk has gone untouched for so long. This would be a pretty simple way to buff it.

    It used to be pretty good before the key nerf but now it's just underwhelming. Combine that with the fact that higher-tier Medkits aren't different from the lower-tier ones as well. Plunderer's needs some love.

  • Bhvr barely have the time. I'd rather they just killswitched it as it's a game killer in this age of dbd.

    Flashlights don't interact with killers anymore, keys are not worth and even if you get a good medkit from plunderers it's still basically a brown.

    The time u waste on a chest and then getting a toolbox and using doesn't justify the perks use.

  • I agree that would be nice. Very simple change but would be an additional opportunity to get a good item.

  • Let it add two honesty. Hoarder does just that and it's not like working on chests is going to dramatically hurt the killer.