Hateful language in DBD
Ive noticed a lot of people, especially here and on dbd twt referring to survivors as 'survs'. This feels like an intentional attempt to create a slur and makes me very uncomfortable whenever i come across a post or a stream where everyone is referring to the players as 'survs'. Ive never called killers, 'lers' nor has anyone else as far as i know. This sort of language makes me very uncomfortable and i feel like its another way some of the community wants to dehumanize the players for their own enjoyment.
Comments
Isn't it, like, just an abbreviation?
It's literally just that. There's a ton of abbreviations for words I consider short anyway, this is just one example out of many...
If people shortening a longer word into a shorter word purely for the sake of expediency makes you feel uncomfortable, then I genuinely fear for you. 'Survivors' lends itself to being shortened without confusion, 'Killers' does not.
as already said, survs is just an abbreviation and used neutrally (as in: same as killers, depending on context etc) as far as I have seen. Of course the us vs. them topics may seem like surv may be used negatively but it’s no different than killers for the other side..
As this thread is not encouraging constructive commentary, I will be locking the thread here. While I understand the OP's dislike for the abbreviation, as others have stated, it is just a shorthand that is frequently used by players (especially for platforms with character limits on posts). It is not seen or deemed a 'slur' or inherently negative, and a post of this nature will very quickly devolve into users finding themselves breaking the Forum Rules.