A Fix to SWF Strength Vs. Solo Queue Strength

I think what has been seen a lot, especially in competitive DBD play (which is not what I am saying to balance around) - Is having no Duplicate perks for survivors.

As Survivor, facing META build killers can be annoying, but It will never be as annoying to facing 4 Meta Builds while playing killer, with all survivors having the same perks.

Seeing 4 Adrens/Sprint Bursts is a lot to deal with in this current (Predrop/PreRun Meta)

So the idea is, make it so you can't have any repeated perks --- BUT

The catch is you can't have any repeated perks of the players in your Party. (Randoms and Solo Queues who do not queue up with you originally can have any perks. (That way you don't get screwed over if the other teammates you don't know have a build taking away anti- tunnel.

I think this would help balance the game more for having 1 Meta build vs. 4 Meta builds, while also not affecting the solo queue experience.

This would also be fun to organize with your friends on builds that work around each other, instead of just slapping on 4 adrenalines.

Comments

  • I personally like the idea a lot.

    • I love making builds and by extension I would love to craft builds for teams around these restrictions.
    • It'd address bully squads, as they would ahve to work harder to craft their play style rather than running all the same persk.
    • it'd encourage more careful team construction between your friends and their individual skills, where you start actually trying to create, and identify yurself as a role for your team.
    • Creates great perk diversity choices for survivors, as you may want the same perk for 2 players, but have to think of similar/less popular perks.

    I think such a feature adds a lot to the game. Sadly actually getting it put in the game is a pipe dream sadly, and support for it would be low since, as you've pointed out, playing vs. a full META killer can be annoying... and especially the strongest killers right now, any limitations is a hot bed.

  • I don't personally mind being encouraged to try different perks... but this isn't a fair change.

    SWF isn't a guarantee of better skilled or better coordinated survivor teams. It provides the opportunity for it, but it's not a certainty.

    Many groups of friends of lower skill, or not playing seriously, or not using voice comms, would be unfairly penalised.

  • This idea actually in my head for last year. I think a lot of perks could even get buffs thanks to this rule. Champ of Light could have been nerfed not so much for live, for example.

  • Here we go again punishing people for playing together. When do people stop thinking that its a good idea?

  • This has merit. The way to be able to do this is by selecting your perks after the group is formed. Then you would ready up after assigning your perks.

    As a side note for both sides on this topic. I enjoy being rewarded for prestiging a killer/survivor. The negative comes from being able to make super killers/survivors by merging all of the “best” perks into any killer/survivor. It takes away from what separates the characters. Maybe in the future rework each character to having set perks they get or just make all of them unique to each character could fix this as well. It just would take a lot of work.

  • @CammyChameleon said:

    I think what has been seen a lot, especially in competitive DBD play (which is not what I am saying to balance around) - Is having no Duplicate perks for survivors.

    As Survivor, facing META build killers can be annoying, but It will never be as annoying to facing 4 Meta Builds while playing killer, with all survivors having the same perks.

    Seeing 4 Adrens/Sprint Bursts is a lot to deal with in this current (Predrop/PreRun Meta)

    So the idea is, make it so you can't have any repeated perks --- BUT

    The catch is you can't have any repeated perks of the players in your Party. (Randoms and Solo Queues who do not queue up with you originally can have any perks. (That way you don't get screwed over if the other teammates you don't know have a build taking away anti- tunnel.

    I think this would help balance the game more for having 1 Meta build vs. 4 Meta builds, while also not affecting the solo queue experience.

    This would also be fun to organize with your friends on builds that work around each other, instead of just slapping on 4 adrenalines.

    The developers said they don't want restrict players by limiting perks, items ect. As a result, they won't make this feature. In addition, some SWFs play chill and casual while some SoloQ plays like a strong SWF. It would not be fair to punish them because other SWFs go hardcore.

    I personally think it would be better to buff SoloQ to make them more equal with SWF (e.g. let us the builds of the others in the lobby, basekit kindred, get rid of stupid archives that force randoms to throw the game, sharing informations such as Franklin's Demise or Plaything, and maybe messages like "I go for the rescue", "killer is on me"). If SoloQ is equal to SWF this would help a lot. At the same time/then the developers can buff basekits from killers and balance survivor items. At the moment the developers try to improve and buff weaker killers. Next, instead of restricting perks to force players to play uncommon perks, the developers should do another big metagame shake up by nerfing and buffing different perks. I really miss the one time when the developers nerf/buff round about 40 perks at oonce. Same goes for survivor items and addons. Personally, I can understand that some perks and items feels so awful when you see them - e.g. seeing all survivors get adrenalines and are ful healthy and extended the chase by a lot or how quick a Generator pops due to strong toolbox. Similarly issues have the other side of cause too.

    Overall, restricting and punishing players for playing together is not a good idea but balancing everything would be better.