Nobody uses hexes anymore...

It just so happens that I want to complete my Dead by Daylight achievements, one of which requires you to bless around 20 hex totems, guess what tho, I have been running those ######### boons for around hundred games and only like two of them had hexes, am I cursed or did hexes just got so obsolete that nobody uses them?

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3622233#Comment_3622233

    Back in 2018, the devs aimed to make totems at least a little harder to see... but when they started reworking maps around 2020, totems were put in more and more visible spots.

    It is from 2017, but Badham used to have some pretty good totem spawns, leagues ahead of what we have today. I was talking about this with @Tsulan a while ago, and we also remembered some totem spawns on Coal Tower and Léry's, all pretty good.

    I like the idea of Hex perks, I believe it is a healthy mechanic that gives survivors an ideal secondary objective. But they have to be better hidden.

    I don't remember the old totem spots of Badham that well... but I recall there were at least a couple ones that took some work from the survivors to find them (on the other hand, it had that one at the corner of the school cellar/boiler room that still remains a very known totem spot). The problem is that lots of other maps had really bad totem spawns back in 2017. Disturbed Ward had one that could spawn out in the open with no objects around it at all.

    Still, totem locations started to get a few improvements on the following year, only for that do be dialed back later. It's a shame, really.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3622233#Comment_3622233

    Back in 2018, the devs aimed to make totems at least a little harder to see... but when they started reworking maps around 2020, totems were put in more and more visible spots.

    It is from 2017, but Badham used to have some pretty good totem spawns, leagues ahead of what we have today. I was talking about this with @Tsulan a while ago, and we also remembered some totem spawns on Coal Tower and Léry's, all pretty good.

    I like the idea of Hex perks, I believe it is a healthy mechanic that gives survivors an ideal secondary objective. But they have to be better hidden.

    As much as I hate the swamp I'd have to say it has some decent totem spots and it proves your point

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3622248#Comment_3622248

    As much as I hate the swamp I'd have to say it has some decent totem spots and it proves your point

    It does, especially on Pale Rose.

    They are usually hidden by the edges of the map, between trees and rocks and they can be difficult to spot. Leagues ahead of many other realms after their reworks.

  • @Batusalen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3621835#Comment_3621835

    Because you need a lot of preparation to deal with Hex perks compared with the whole build the killer should bring to make them somewhat viable just for things like this to happen anyway, of course:

    https://imgur.com/a/TaeF1tz

    So yeah, bring Hex builds people, Hex are great. Perfectly designed and implemented.

    Why is it even possible to be screwed over this hard? You should at least get a real shot at trying to use your perk...

1 2 ›