Has anyone been having problems with running?
I play on PS5 and I use the basic PS5 controller. Recently I have noticed that even though I am holding " L1" to run, that my character does not run unless I literally hold my joystick up as far as it can go. When I go to turn my character will sort of fast walk instead of running before it resumes running. At first I thought that I was my controller so I bought a brand new one, not used or refurbished or anything and I am still having the same issue. I feel like the dead zone in this game should be a lot less or that we should be able to adjust our own deadzones because I should not have to shove my joystick for my character to run. I can play any other game and barely move my stick and my character is going at full speed.
Comments
You have stick drift most likely. Time for a new controller.
I stated that I bought a new controller. Literally went and got a brand new one yesterday then played a game and had the same problem. :(
Oh sorry, didn't catch that (been drinking.) However my second dualsense had bad stick drift out of the box. I would use a pc if available and at least check the analog sticks.
I am a PS5 gamer and haven't had this issue. It sounds like you got unlucky with the new controller. Even a brand new product can have a fault.
Yeah, had this issue a couple of years ago on PS4. Character felt like he was running through mud.
To the OP, You can try and air sprayer and spray in and around the controller sticks, sometimes fluff gets in there. Blowing hard can work but the air can is better.
Yes, I am having it on Switch using the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. I experienced the exact same thing last night as both Killer and Survivor.
It's incredibly annoying, you're not alone. I gave up playing as The Doctor as soon as I hit my daily ritual requirements. I couldn't chase, he would just slow down like he was in mud or something.
I tried a different Controller as well and it happened again as Survivor. I haven't had any problems this morning thankfully.
Yeah! Mine was totally fine last night while playing! But the 2 days before were awful. I don't know what's going on but it's crazy lol
I was running normally again last night while I played thank goodness but the 2 days before were literal hell. 😅 I don't know what was going on but it seems like it isn't happening anymore
Yes! I’m having this issue as well! PS4, I run with L1, the character starts running and gradually slows down and I literally have to release L1 and press it again, only for it to rehappen a few seconds later. The L1 button works fine in other games I play (FIFA, CoD, GTA) except in this game! I’ve tried to bind it to every single button on the remote and the issue persists. So it can’t be the remote if the issue remains even while pressing “X” to run! Also deleted and reinstalled the game, to no avail…