Camping and Tunneling

First of all i Love Dead by Daylight. I play it since years and love it so much. But i think also this game needs an reework. The Killers are nonstop only camping and tunneling and i think this game got so Killer-sideded..... i loose the fun when im playing as surv. I play both sides and i feel it so much how powerful im when i play killer. Thats to much. Specially when i play the New Killer Chucky. The Survs have no Chance. Who thinks the same? Its really to hard and so much Killer and Killer Perks got buffed and survs got only nervs.... its not good in my eyes.... who feels so too? Or its only me who feel so?

Comments

  • Yeah as someone who only plays solo a when I play survivor, it generally feels hopeless unless all 4 survivors are consciously gen rushing and at least 2 people can loop the killer for 60 seconds or more. And by gen rush I mean having builds to support it. Other than that, it’s someone getting tunneled out early and then pain res + pop + jolt etc carrying in a 3v1. I’d love to see updated stats on non swf escape rates.

  • I also play soloq almost exclusively, save for a few games with a friend.

    I guess it depends on what you perceive as camping/tunneling, but I don't think it's a common occurrence.

    It happens, but usually I think it's the most strategic thing to do when it happens. like two gens left and no kills, or people swarming the hooked person (this can't even count as camping in my opinion).

  • @Minibeasty said:

    I also play soloq almost exclusively, save for a few games with a friend.

    I guess it depends on what you perceive as camping/tunneling, but I don't think it's a common occurrence.

    It happens, but usually I think it's the most strategic thing to do when it happens. like two gens left and no kills, or people swarming the hooked person (this can't even count as camping in my opinion).

    It might not happen to you every game, but I see it almost every game.

  • Tunnelling is miserable to play against and I do think the devs need to do something to make it less effective. The issue is that's much easier said than done.

    With how hooks and hook-states work, there's not a whole lot they can really do to stop the killer just going after the same survivor again and again, and I doubt BHVR is gonna want to change something so fundamental to the game and risk losing players because of it.

    Also, any change to essentially 'remove' tunnelling would cause kill rates to absolutely plummet across the board, and such a change would need to be accompanied with drastic killer buffs to offset this. Killers would need to be able to end chases much faster than they can now, or gens would need to take much longer than they do now, neither change would be well received by survivor players.

    The only suggestion I've seen that might work is to make a survivor invincible and have no collision after being unhooked. This effect would end after performing a conspicuous action, or after another survivor is hooked.