Gen Speeds are SUPER FAST.
I played 10 solo queue survivor games today, escaped in 8 of them. Gens got done very quickly in most of them. The 2 games I died in was to a tombstone Myers who insta killed me and a Nurse who tunneled me out of the game. Actual tunneling not what everyone crys about with tunneling. Outside of that very little challenge. Half the games I don't even see the killer until 1 or 2 gens are left. Feels like every 3 out of 4 survivors have adrenaline and killer just gets rolled all the way. Checked the build in these games and many of them don't even have toolboxes. A random Gen speed up perk here and there but nothing crazy.
I switched over to killer and the situation pretty much stayed the same. You simply cannot play an M1 killer at whatever MMR I'm at. I'm not a god at killer but I'm also not bad. I understand spreading pressure around the map, pressuring gens, dropping chase when someone is wasting my time. There simply is just not enough time to do anything with most of the killers in this game. Not bringing Corrupt Intervention just feels like a death sentence especially if you don't find your first chase within the first 30 seconds. Multiple gens are being worked on at the start because the survivors are smart and it's basically GG, god forbid someone brings buckle up and ftp combo or hooks start getting saboed.
Comments
You have to rush gens because half of the killers you run into hard tunnel at five gens. If you don't then it's a loss. You basically load in and pray that the person being tunneled is a strong looper with OTR, DS, etc while doing the gens as fast as possible. There's no time to do anything else unless you're throwing for archives.
Survivors are the power role these days. They get so many second chances and so much ability to extend chases - it's ridiculously easy against m1 killers. As long as you are half decent at looping, m1 killers don't stand a chance.
I mean, look at this. The match just began like 2 minutes ago. First hook and 4 gens are completed.
1600 hours of DBD experience, btw. It's so easy these days that I'm even running diversion as a joke perk.
https://youtu.be/rvA4deFYqJM?si=NkH2IhZFru3LAnzaThat's what everyone single survivor team is 100% capable of doing if they actually just focused in on there objective. It's pretty damn scary and yes it's a joke.
Not really cause I get good killers in my games so they mostly kill everyone
Unless you are getting good teams on bad maps with a weak killer and a whatever build every match then I do not see how someone with your hours can be struggling so much. My whole clown example was not me trying to brag either, I am just saying that if someone like me who has about half your hours at I would say a decently high mmr can win games then I am surprised you are struggling so much.
Even just the sheer common nature of people simply just making huge mistakes and you slugging say 2-3 people (I have had survs with a lot of hours do this even). Also tunnelling a guy out is only a good strategy if you can do it since focusing on 1 guy means you are pressuring nobody else.
I'm not struggling every single game. I get 4ks, 3ks, 2ks, 1ks, and 4 outed sometimes. But every 2 out of 10 games one of those unwinnable games happen where the gens are done faster then I can do ######### about it and it feels like a rigged contest every time. I'm fine with losing because I played poorly but what I'm not fine with is those games where it feels like the only way I could have won was to be at 4 places at the same time or it's not enough pressure.