Has anyone tried OoO against FttE?

Occasionally when playing characters I like to deliberately take 1 of their perks and build around it.

Playing Laurie right now and I took Object of Obsession... straight up with commonality of Friend Til The End and Lethal Pursuer... OoO seems kinda cracked right now ๐Ÿ˜ถ


EDIT: It's especially good vs. Chucky, cause his height is now no longer bamboozling me every time FttE procs xD

Comments

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Occasionally when playing characters I like to deliberately take 1 of their perks and bundle around it.

    Playing Laurie right now and I took Object of Obsession... straight up with commonality of Friend Til The End and Lethal Pursuer... OoO seems kinda cracked right now ๐Ÿ˜ถ

    I think the problem is, distortion just does it better.

  • I keep getting this issue with Distortion, there are times when I actually need to take Killer aggro... and I actually struggle to get his attention... because I'm usually the juiced, not the juicer, I can't go too close cause 10 seconds of attention isn't worth anything, but to bait a sufficiently tempting carrot is tricky...

    With OoO I find I can pre-run a lot earlier (as I say, I'm bad), but it still get the killers attention for my team. I actually also run OTR as well to prevent the tunnel... it works quite nicely ๐Ÿ˜

    I'm mostly chuffed about it, cause as a lowbie scrub I was always afraid of this perk... when I did Laurie's adept I got a Artist who gave up after being juiced hard by 1 of my teammates and I've never ran it since... but especially vs. Chucky... it's quite nice, and a better perk than I thought...

    Though Wraith might be able to talk me out of it xD ๐Ÿ˜…

  • I've never used OoO, does this mean when the Obsession changes (with FttE) you and the killer stop seeing each other every 30s? Is the perk still useful at that point or only if the killer has other aura perks?

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I've never used OoO, does this mean when the Obsession changes (with FttE) you and the killer stop seeing each other every 30s? Is the perk still useful at that point or only if the killer has other aura perks?

    Correct, if you get switched off the obsession you no longer get the 30s reveal, but ofc that can be exactly what you want, because then you just get to see the Killer's aura any time you are revealed.

    What has surprised me about running it is the 30s is not really a problem most of the time, because the killers FOV is a lot smaller than yours, so alot of the time you see them, but they don't see you unless they are looking your direction. The simple fact you know when your aura is being read, can really help prevent make mistakes wondering if the killer has seen you or not.

    Also you are the one that can see when OoO will proc, so you can also locker hop at the right time to prevent your aura being read if you need to (I like Q&Q for this). OTR prevents you being read as well off hook, which is really when you don't want it to happen.

    It's actually a much nicer perk than I thought. ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค˜


    EDIT: Rancor though is terrifying ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

  • I found Friends till the end to be a rather lackluster perk on many killers after playing with it a number of times.

    Survivors tend to do the smart thing. Run fast in the opposite side if the hooked survivor. On most of the maps and against most of the killers this does the trick, making the Perk give no value.

    Exception maybe killers that can traverse the map very fast. So, I tried it on Sadako and there was the problem, that her chase is too weak to get the hit in time.

    Maybe Wraith?

    An ok peek, just not a great one. I understand that it's really strong against less careful players though.