Anyone else feel that the items that counter certain killers are too strong?
Played some singularity and xeno today. Xeno for the first time and singularity after trying him out when he came out and after that never really touching him again. I feel like especially singularity struggles so hard against good and organised teams with his emp. Played a match where I could almost never use my power cause someone with an emp was always close and they cleansed instantly. Same with xeno. Almost every loop is filled with a turret and when you destroy one it takes survivors like 10 seconds to place a new one to replace it.
I get these are the only ways to counter their special abilitys but I feel like emps and turrets are overbuffed by a lot atm.
Comments
Xeno is perfectly fine, however I do think EMPs are still a little overtuned
Turrets aren't really effective for their purpose. You need at least two in one area to get the killer out of their power and you don't see that in solo queue, only in a coordinated SWF. They are strong in the right hands, but I think they're in a good spot. Kinda.
EMPs are definitely rough to face when going against SWF but they have to exist really otherwise it would just be teleport and hit simulator. I don't really have a definite opinion on them. I've been obliterated by Singularities and I've obliterated them as well in some games.
As Singularity you definitely feel the pressure of EMPs when playing against coordinated teams, the killer takes a LOT of focus and management to keep up but I don't think their balance is too far off.
I don't play Xeno much, but if you're struggling, try the Emergency Helmet add-on, which massively reduces the effectiveness of turrets. It might even be too strong at the moment.
Singularity is in an odd spot.
Without EMP's, he is hilariously oppressive, beating even Nurse with how quickly he can shut down chases.
But then, I also feel like Hux is more map-dependant than any other killer. He absolutely dominates on Midwich specifically, but struggles a lot on Rotten Fields, for example.
I'd say Singularity is the single hardest killer to play right now, but that's almost exclusively because of how much he has to fight his own EMP's.
I dont really see the turrets as that effective. Yes, they do something, but more often than not a single turret is not enough to break Xeno out of his power. And his Power is really strong.
The thing about Singularity is that the EMPs have to be good. Because he can be really oppressive if there is no EMP nearby. Get chased by a Singularity while nobody with an EMP is nearby. You will notice that it is really hard to deal, because he can constantly teleport on you and you dont have much to defend at this point.
I think that Singularity is more dependent on the opponents. If those are a well-organized group, it is hard for the Killer to deal with that. But if they are not that organized, you can have a lut of pressure due to the ability.
Both are perfectly fine.
EMPs don't need any nerfs or changes, it is singularity's overclock that needs soma's photo effect basekit (at least partially) to be complete. They do have problematic design in terms of denying singularity fancy crossmap mobility which could be addressed, but absolutely isn't necessary.
If you struggle with any of these things - it is entirely "you" issue. Killers with built-in external counterplay are way more punishing and difficult to play than other similar killers as survivors have more resources and opportunities to combat you, however that is always compensated by extremely powerful ability that takes skill to utilize at its fullest.
turrets are not meant to break xeno out of his power, they are meant to force xeno to break them in order to avoid losing the power, which in return slows xenomorph down and gives the survivor more distance. if they were designed like you think they should be, xenomorph would be everything people foolishly say about the singularity.
it's the same fallacy people fall for with singularity but reversed - they confuse guaranteed reward with something that can happen if your opponent messes up. in singularity's case it's way more complex for obvious reasons, but the principle is the same.
neither turrets nor EMPs need balance changes. the most i believe should be done is doing something about their verticality (of both) as EMPs have unlimited verticality while Singularity is limited vertically (and the reason for that is devs' lie about un'emp`able cameras which is completely wrong in the light of unrestricted vertical range of EMPs) and turrets have no vertical limits either which in niche cases can make them really unfair to xenomorph as they make the "punishment" unavoidable.