Survivors are still gen-tapping regressing gens mid-chase

The killer either foregos the regression, or they spend a lot of time* kicking the gen while the survivor gets away.

Either make gen-kicking mid-chase instant for the killer, or make the gen-kick penalty stronger.

(* A lot of time, relative to the instant-speed at which survivors can stop the regression.)

Comments

  • I have thought for some time that it is simply a strange system. And not fair.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3593675#Comment_3593675

    I'd argue complaining about Killers nodding or Survivors teabagging is up there as the most petty, not a gameplay feature that allows survivors to stall Killer regression instantly during a chase where they should be feeling more pressure not to get hit.

    And yet, there's an inherent cost of chase time that the survivor is giving up to touch the gen. Likely they're taking a hit to do so as well.

    That's the cost of literally stopping mid chase to tap a gen, but apparently a free hit isn't enough for some people.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3605708#Comment_3605708

    ehh, I think the main issue is that when survivors do it, most of the time, they are at a safe enough distance to do it. It's possible mid chase because it's a near instant tap where you lose very little distance. In some loops, it's easy to throw in a gen tap while you're running from side to side. If you could get a free hit at every gen tap, I don't think you'd see as many complaints.

    You're still losing chase time, that's the whole point.

    In a game where survivor's meta is to extend chases as long as possible, the survivor voluntarily giving up chase time is valuable to the killer.

    And since this applies to the thread as a whole, I can't ever say this enough:

    Gens are not the killer's objective, survivors are.

  • They did update that to try to stop it yet. It did nothing. I still say they should make the survivor have to commit a lot longer to stop regression.

  • It's one of the reasons why kicking gens is still pretty weak unless you're running perks for it. Even with a little instant regression added onto 'dry kicks', survivors can insta-tap gens and stop it.

    The three perks I can think of that help deal with that are Ruin, Dragon's Grip and Overcharge, and they're all pretty weak at the moment. Overcharge is probably the best out of the three but if survivors can hit the skill check it's useless.

    Something that's often suggested is what Propnight had I think. You gotta work on a gen for a couple seconds before it actually starts being repaired, and regression is halted.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3593675#Comment_3593675

    I'd argue complaining about Killers nodding or Survivors teabagging is up there as the most petty, not a gameplay feature that allows survivors to stall Killer regression instantly during a chase where they should be feeling more pressure not to get hit.

    Its a failure on the killer to waste time kicking a gen when they know a survivor will touch it immediately after. I'm not of the opinion we should be rewarding stupid mistakes in time management.

    Anyways, the Devs have already kowtowed to this complaint by making a set regession upon kicking the gen.

  • @Nos37 said:

    The killer either foregos the regression, or they spend a lot of time* kicking the gen while the survivor gets away.

    Either make gen-kicking mid-chase instant for the killer, or make the gen-kick penalty stronger.

    (* A lot of time, relative to the instant-speed at which survivors can stop the regression.)

    Overcharge and Dragon's Grip exist for a reason

1 2 ›