Certain overpowered buffs need to be removed from the equip tray and added to base kit + UI Update

I mean.. this just makes sense. Like hex ruin for example. Survivors have 0 reason to break totems unless it's to make sure any hex perks aren't going to activate during gameplay. Of course this would also mean that ruin gets a natural nerf, Ideally a +50% gen regression speed MAX for ruin as well as being findable after 2 gens are done.

Other perks like BBQ could also be removed and added to base kit, showing the 2 furthest survivors aura's for 3 seconds once every 90 seconds (because aura perks are strong in general)

Maybe the answer to taking this game to the "next level" will be from upgrading the core aspect of the game rather than adding 3-9 new perks and calling it a day.

I understand killers and survivors both had 3 base perks per character when developing them, these perks would lose their identity upon doing this but it would also leave room to add more perks to the game.

I truly think the best part of this game is when you reach iri4-iri2. Why? Because the games actually feel like they get tense. Survivors sometimes try to throw the game but when they don't it definitely starts to slowly feel like an actual challenge. It's been 6 days since reset and I hit iri1 in 2-3 days without even trying. So this would definitely help shake up the core gameplay. There would be nothing wrong with adding 2 more levels overall too. Adding an "Emerald" rank before iridescent and then adding "Pearlescent/Tungsten/Diamond" as the new highest rank in the game.

The UI also needs an update for survivors. We should be able to see specific perks of each survivor or at the very least a small message in the bottom right or bottom left saying "Healing perks x3" or Boon perks x2" OR just show the actual perks at the bottom middle of the screen but not which has what equipped. Deliverance needs to be added to UI definitely too. When close to a survivor who has healing perks they could also flash in a tint of green every so lightly to help a survivor know who heals.

Comments

  • Your Grade has nothing to do with matchmaking. Having an Iridescent Grade doesn't mean you're getting matched with players of the same Grade, matchmaking is based on your Matchmaking Rating which is an invisible stat.

  • @Caiman said:

    Your Grade has nothing to do with matchmaking. Having an Iridescent Grade doesn't mean you're getting matched with players of the same Grade, matchmaking is based on your Matchmaking Rating which is an invisible stat.

    I guess I always thought it did lol, thanks for clearing that up.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3589002#Comment_3589002

    I guess I always thought it did lol, thanks for clearing that up.

    The tutorial does not tell you anything about it. Grades only determine the amount of BP you get every 13th of a month.

    It is an old misconception that Grades are still used for matchmaking, as nobody can see this MMR they use.