Does staying still to hide from a nearby killer generate crows?

I know if you go afk or stay in one spot too long you get crows that notify the killer but does that happen when you're hiding in a locker from one that's less than 20m away? I just had a game against a Spirit where I was on death hook and my team kept looping her right next to me so I was worried I'd get crows

Comments

  • Yes, the distance to the killer doesn't make any difference, afaik.

  • They’ll find you, regardless of your distance to the killer.

    Untitled Image


  • Moving little while crouched does not change anything, either. If you hide behind the same object where you can't leave as the killer is near the crows will appear, regardless.

  • Unfortunately yes it activates which is stupid in my opinion: it shouldn't activate within the killers TR. It's seems somewhat unfair for something you have little to no control over.

  • Yeah, I once got trapped in one of those weird little jungle gym pockets where the totems spawn because the killer kept standing there. I actually came out far enough to tap the gen once but still got crows. :(

  • another fun fact, crows disable headon.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    Yeah, I once got trapped in one of those weird little jungle gym pockets where the totems spawn because the killer kept standing there. I actually came out far enough to tap the gen once but still got crows. :(

    if you keep touching the gen before they appear then you have an easier time with them, but ideally you need to touch it for about ~90 seconds, then find a new gen, rinse and repeat, works well to keep them away.

  • Yes, and it's hilarious.