(Corrosive Cube) Spontaneous

Just my first impression

The new mod of the corrosive cube is slightly overpowered.

Imagine a small path with this traps and mod on each wall and above....the raider can't even destroy the cubes , the only way is running or shild .

Indestructible trap that shots frequently .

You just need a lot of them to annoy everyone

Comments

  • Lol, I just posted about this too. I didn't notice you already started a topic on the subject. Yes, Spontaneous mod is just dumb. Delete it please. If not deleted, then reduced the acid blob rate drastically. It is entirely too easy to abuse this mod. I've already seen outposts where basically the entire outpost consists of CC spewing acid hallways. It sucks as much as you would expect.

  • At the very least the acid should not be able to pass through other corrosive cubes. Right now you can stack six corrosive cubes inside a vertical shaft and the ejections will stagger in such a way that the block underneath them is constantly covered in acid. At no point can you stand in that spot and not die.

  • Bear in mind corrosive cubes are killing in 0.5 seconds right now instead of the intended 1.5 seconds. This shorter TTK affects corrosive splatter, as well.

  • Just met such outpost in dangerous area. 45 cubes (according to boost) and nothing else, they stuck vertically so floor is always a lava. I don't know what am I supposed to do to pass it. I tried to shield but apparently shield doesn't save you from acid already dropped on a floor. I can't grapple efficiently bc there are turns everywhere and also walls are covered with acid too.

    I'm not good at speed hardware and such so I'm confused, it's annoying but also looks impassable for me. Does anybody know, is it possible to win this set up and how? Feel dumb abandoning those but can't find a solution by my own :/

  • @hastarkis said:

    Just met such outpost in dangerous area. 45 cubes (according to boost) and nothing else, they stuck vertically so floor is always a lava. I don't know what am I supposed to do to pass it. I tried to shield but apparently shield doesn't save you from acid already dropped on a floor. I can't grapple efficiently bc there are turns everywhere and also walls are covered with acid too.

    I'm not good at speed hardware and such so I'm confused, it's annoying but also looks impassable for me. Does anybody know, is it possible to win this set up and how? Feel dumb abandoning those but can't find a solution by my own :/

    Actually...permanent jump up and down is the key... never stop moving. If you got hit mid air you still die sometimes

    But to be honest, just give up if the whole base is like that without safe spots.

    I built one of those as well , only 1 player finished it until i added some safe points.

  • @j4p_was_here said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/meet-your-maker/discussion/comment/3576608#Comment_3576608

    Actually...permanent jump up and down is the key... never stop moving. If you got hit mid air you still die sometimes

    But to be honest, just give up if the whole base is like that without safe spots.

    I built one of those as well , only 1 player finished it until i added some safe points.

    Oh, so there's a way. Good to know. I dodge bases without safespots but it's good to know a way around for other bases. Thank you!

  • The bunny hop technique is good and all but it does have its limits. It can be extremely difficult it pull off in areas with lots of slopes, especially when the ceiling CC have hardened skin. This is compounded when there are other threats such as death pistons or lasers involved. I'm just really not a fan of this particular mod in general. It can be a really cool visual effect in certain outposts but that isn't how 99% of the players are using it.

  • @BGardiner_BHVR said:

    Hey Custodians, we have just released another hotfix to address some of the issues that have arose since the release of our mid-sector update. For a full breakdown, please see the patch notes below:  

    BALANCING CHANGES

    • We have reduced the size of the Corrosive Cube’s Spontaneous Mod’s acid puddles from 300cm to 200cm and increased the attack cooldown from 1sec to 1.5secs.  
      • The Spontaneous Mod was found to be stronger than intended which made it difficult to navigate through some Outposts. These changes should allow this mod to better serve as a useful area denial tool to combine with other defenses to keep Raiders moving.  
    • We have shortened the effective range of the Ravager’s attack to 20m.  

    BUG FIXES  

    • We have fixed an issue causing acid from a Corrosive Cube’s Spontaneous and Splatter Mods to create damage zones larger than intended, which made it difficult to navigate through sloped areas.  
    • Fixed an issue causing Decals earned through the Expeditions Reward Track to be incorrectly changed to the Light’s End 1 decal when cloned.  
    • Fixed an issue displaying all Outposts as the easiest difficulty rating (half skull), from the Social Raid menu. 
    • Fixed an issue causing the Loadout prompt to remain on screen when resuming building from Test My Base. 
    • Fixed additional issues with text and localisation in the Expeditions menus. 
    • Fixed a game title crash related to Easy Anti-Cheat. 

    For status updates on ongoing known issues, please refer to our Known Issues Board here: https://forums.bhvr.com/meet-your-maker/discussion/378404/meet-your-maker-known-issues-board  

    To report any new issues, please contact our player support team by opening a ticket here: https://support.meetyourmakergame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

    -The Meet Your Maker Team 

    Thanks you devs! Acid puddles are smaller and spew out less often. That was pretty fast too.