Cannot wait for this garbage event to be over

Seems like BHVR is incapable of adding features without making them obnoxious to play around. Between survivors having literal infinites on void portals and killers casually running around at 130% and undetectable, this event has been obnoxious through and through.

Comments

  • From a fun perspective it's a good design. From a gameplay balance it's atrocious. But it's a event. I think we should prioritize fun over wins. When it's over I'll go back to being a sweaty tryhard. Untill then 130% with play with your food and game afoot. How fast can my waterlogged show hag waddle about

  • I've been enjoying it, personally.

    There are parts I'd change for next year, but I certainly hope the general shape of this event comes back. If a few things were tweaked to be less abusable and the time investment on the killer side became less of an active detriment, it'd be a perfectly good event.

  • True. I'm mostly a killermain and I'm not enjoying this event at all because chases in the void are a huge waste of time due to the great windows and many survivors know this and abuse this. They can also "outplay" the killer by going back into the map when the killer enters the void to follow the survivor, which feels so unfair - not blaming survivors for this but blaming the devs for allowing this. It is also so pathetic that this void can counter so many killerpowers (Oni in powermodus? -> Wait it out in the void! Victor is chasing you? -> Run into the void! Nurse? -> Np in the void! ect.). Of cause, you can run Bamboozle or other perks to block/outplay these windows but how stupid is it that you have to run specific perk because the event forces you? In addition, it feels so painful when a survivor has endurance due to the ghostrelease and you either must wait it out or you hit them and get a longer chase.... Another point is that the voidportals have sometimes really bad positions and you cannot see through them, especially if the open voidportal sits on the shackdoor. Next, I heard from some players that they have some fps and performance issue due to the void which is really sad. Lastly, as a killer, you have no time to go into the void to get some BP from the ghosts - you can do it but then you give the survivors a free win. If the survivors don't play "chill", the best way is to hard tunnel someone out of the match at 5 gens or to slug them all. And both options are so sad and it is so sad that these the best options... I'm mean I don't care about 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4k but I care about the fact that this event puts one side in such a bad positions so they cannot play the game as usual and have fun at the event.

    However, I have to say that this event looks really great: I love the idea of the void and the ghosts and how you get additionally BPs. From the survivor perspective, it is also really cool that you no longer must escape to get the event rewards and that both sides can choose which reward they want first. This is really great and they should keep it for the next events!

    Overall, I see the typical issue Behaviour has: They are okay with an extremly poor gameplayfeeling/unbalanced mechanic if the look looks great (maps are the perfect proof for this - g.e. Garden Of Joy looks really good but has a huge poor gameplayfeeling/is extremly survivorsided). I really hope they learn from these mistakes so the next halloween-event gives fun to both sides because this should be the main goal for an event like this.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I've been enjoying it, personally.

    There are parts I'd change for next year, but I certainly hope the general shape of this event comes back. If a few things were tweaked to be less abusable and the time investment on the killer side became less of an active detriment, it'd be a perfectly good event.

    Agreed. I actually quite like it. The void looks amazing and the idea for this event is really nice. A few tweaks and it could be real great. Although I can't help but think, you need to do a bit much to get noticeably more BP out of a match. That could be dialed up a bit.

  • You have nurse and blight that are still not getting normal nerfs so better stop complaining about portals with a long teleportation

  • An excellent event, excellent variety in mechanics, interest in the game and online has increased a lot. Your criticism is inappropriate.