Seriously just make matchmaking good

I just want to enjoy killer but none stop its just SWF but what a surprise when I play survivor my team barely does anything or better yet probably just bought the game I'm sorry but why is it that matchmaking WAS good but now is the worst thing I've seen ever when I started playing it was good actually maybe even perfect but now it feels like the game is just saying alright let's give you maybe once in a blue moon fair matchmaking. No matter how long of a break...waiting for Rank to reset even though it's useless or even just giving up i still get terrible matches like seriously what is going on. I barely played killer for this entire event just because I didn't want to deal with matchmaking one time I did was for killer challenges which most if not all I finished in one match rarely having to do two matches to get it over with.

I try early in the day, Late at night, during the day even in the afternoon and seriously nothing but just terrible match after terrible match.

Comments

  • your facing swf because your excellent killer player but struggle with survivor.

  • The matchmaking is fine the way it is.

    Sbmm can be weird sometimes, but it is working as intended, you have a hidden score system.

  • @CECIO said:

    The matchmaking is fine the way it is.

    Sbmm can be weird sometimes, but it is working as intended, you have a hidden score system.

    ..and throw that score system basically out the window if queues get too long or lobbies have to be backfilled because of lobby dodging.

  • The SBMM is really wonky in this game. Especially if you go against SWF's. I'm guessing it calculates the average MMR of the team and compares it to yours. It's usually like this, 3 players are on high MMR and the fourth one has tanked their MMR, or is playing on a new account (either a smurf or a new player). That drops the average of the team significantly and pairs them against lower MMR killer.

    Do I have any proof of this? No, I don't. But it does feel like it most of the time. I think the SWF's MMR should be always counted from the two top players of the team, not the average.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3573359#Comment_3573359

    ..and throw that score system basically out the window if queues get too long or lobbies have to be backfilled because of lobby dodging.

    This

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3573359#Comment_3573359

    ..and throw that score system basically out the window if queues get too long or lobbies have to be backfilled because of lobby dodging.

    If queues exceed 1.5 seconds*

    The matchmaking logic seems to be: is a perfect match immediately available right this very second? If not, throw out all logic and do whatever.

  • You're complaining about the selection of players.

    Before this, players on maniacs actively complained that it was difficult for them to play, which continues endlessly even in this message of yours.

    Almost every update takes something away from the survivors and makes the game easier for the maniac, but for most this is not enough and the weakening will continue. It will continue if you don’t introduce an effective tool like what I proposed today in a new topic created.

    In short, separate the MMR ranks for solo and group and prioritize the selection of an enemy from a maniac in order to provide a real chance for survivors to power the gate and save someone.

    Nowadays, salvation at the gate is most likely the inaction of a maniac or a crooked selection of the enemy and salvation is extremely rare.

    To be honest, I really don’t like the whining in the topics created in this way, again they are asking for a nerf of the survivors, which will again be arranged if you do not support the topics I created to change the game for all parties.

    I also propose to decouple the survivors’ emblem from running after a maniac; this is rationally the stupidest idea to force game to run after a predator.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Your not enjoying playing against SWF because your sole goal is to win or 4k whatever you deem a victory.

    There are also survivors that like to win most of their matches too. Whether they're solo or a group is irrelevant.

    You can't expect to win match after match with players with obvious less skill than you consistently do you?

    PS: Don't worry about rank rest cause that doesn't exist anymore.

    My goal is just wanting to enjoy the game when I first started playing it in 2018.