I preferred not seeing prestige in lobbies
I was on who was affected by the selective test in which prestige levels were hidden in the lobby and only visible after the trial ended.
I honestly preferred it that way. The test seems to be over, as I can see prestiges again and I already miss not seeing them. There so much less perceived pressure when you don't see the prestiges.
Sure, prestige doesn't technically say anything about that player's prowess at the game, but I'd argue it does to an extent. High prestige levels show dedication to those characters and from my experience, there is at least partially a correlation between high prestige level and high skill.
Not seeing that before the trial meant I wouldn't get in my head about this and I honestly preferred that. It made my games less stressful even before they started.
Comments
Most likely they are compiling the data and will come to a decision. Similar thing happened with MMR where they removed grades from the end screen (which eventually got replaced with the prestige)
I'd be very surprised if they decide to keep it in... i don't see any way how it positively improves the experiences for anyone.
Killers harass and lobby dodge high prestige survivors, I really hope they hide prestige for everyone.