Why Are Charms Locked to Specific Roles? (Can't Put Event Huntress Charm on Huntress)
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I found it incredibly odd that you cannot equip the Halloween event's "Huntress Werewolf" charm on Huntress because it is only Survivor-assignable.
You cannot equip the new event's Huntress charm on Huntress.
Why?
The Trap-o-Lantern can't be equipped on Trapper, either.
Role-locking ambiguous cosmetics like this feels too incredibly arbitrary and paradoxical to be intended, which leads to a bigger question:
Why are Charms still locked to specific roles at all?
There are many incredibly intricate Survivor-only or Multi-role charms with so much detail that you can't even see it all at that small scale - like the animated floating+glowing flame particle effects coming out of Howling Fire, or the sheer amount of details in the Space City charm on Survivor. I would love to be able to show off the full beauty of these intricate charms on Killer hooks, but I can't.
I think unlocking all charms to be used on all roles would be a great move to freeing player customization.



Comments
While I don't entirely disagree, and I do like the restriction from a lore-perspective and it may add incentive to play other roles to see your favorite charms, I honestly don't think most players are playing DBD for the Charms - I don't think it'd be a hot take to go to most corners where people play DBD and say most DBD players find a majority of the game's Charms so trivial or frivolous that they don't even equip any.
The most-used charms are the Pride charms, and anything else is often just chosen at random to fill up empty space.
I can definitely understand it when it comes to the Iridescent Perk Prestige charms, though.
I want to put the Puddles charm on Clown's hook.
I think a lot of them make sense to be locked to a specific role, but there are a few exceptions, I think. Also, there are way too many charms for both roles to be able to equip every one.
The role-locked charm that disappointed me the most was the Maurice milk carton charm, which is for Killers only. I wanted to put it on Kate, sadge... 😭
I'd like to use the pretty purple flowers on my survivor T_T
i agree, or at the very least they could make the charms that are relevant to the killer available to the killer, would love to know their thought process behind this lol