Nemesis Needs to be Changed!
This character is falling into decline with their playstyle now that Xenomorph exists. I think it's time Nemesis gets some love and receives what I believe would be perfectly fine changes:
General Changes
- Buff: Mutation now reduces the recovery time of Tentacle Strike by 0.25 seconds every tier.
- Buff: Tentacle Strike's hitbox is now more elaborate and accurate to the attack itself, allowing Nemesis to better hit crouching Survivors over certain obstacles where it looks like it should hit.
- Buff: Tentacle Strike movement speed is now 4.0m/s across all tiers.
Add-On Changes
- S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual: Survivors being chased by zombies now trigger Killer Instinct.
- Adrenaline Injector: Hitting a Survivor with Tentacle Strike increases movement speed by 5% for 10 seconds.
- Tyrant Gore: Zombies can resist 1 pallet drop on them, stunning them for 15 seconds. The next time a pallet is dropped on them, they are destroyed. Destroyed zombies return 7.5 seconds faster.
- Serotonin Injector: Grants Undetectable for 15 seconds when a Zombie is stunned or destroyed. Footsteps are also quieted by 50% during that time.
- Licker Tongue: Reduces the duration that Survivors are granted a speed boost upon Contamination by 50%.
- NE-a Parasite: Contaminated Survivors now reveal their current action to Nemesis.
- Jill's Sandwich: After a Survivor uses a vaccine, their aura is revealed for 15 seconds.
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge: Removes the ability to mutate, but grants Nemesis the ability to injure Survivors with Tentacle Strike.
These changes would be fair to give him and wouldn't completely alter how the game is played (aside from the NE-a Parasite's effects), but would give him a significantly higher boost in what he can do in the game and fixes many of the problematic add-ons.
Give him some love.
Comments
i mean main problem nemesis is zombies are too weak compare xeno mobility. those are some juicy tentacle strike buffs.
I think it somewhat misses the point tbh... As pointed out before the reason why Xeno does better is because of map mobility and maybe a little bit the ability to hit over some things Nemesis can't, however Xeno cannot destroy pallets with his power.
When we look at this and take your change into account that the cooldown would be reduced by 0.25 seconds every tier, so I guess only 2 second attack cooldown left on t3, that would be massive. Safe the best for last with 8 stacks makes 1.62 seconds recovery out of the 2.7 seconds base (I think), 5 stacks being a reduction of 6.75 seconds, which is around the amount you get with that basekit change, I think that might be too much, you will just not gain distance at all against him.
As for tentacle strikes hitbox, I think this is more about the hitbox of the objects than the tentacle itself, but sure would be great if you could know easier whether or not you will actually hit someone over an obstacle.
I don't like the 4.0 m/s, because holding the tentacle for longer is not a good play and you get somewhat free zoning if you don't loose distance by holding it up, therefore I don't think this is a good idea.
Most addons seem to be fine, but it kind of goes besides the issues, the zombies themselves are just too inconsistant and not really that valuable over all... I would appreciate different ways to get rid of zombies, that maybe involve teamplay like some boxes you could open to get a special weapon or something with which you can eliminate/hinder the zombies. And also make them more usefull, so you can either get slowdown if people want to get rid of the zombies or they just offer more value than right now, that would help a lot I think.
15 seconds is a whole lot of aura reading, but then again you might be on the other side of the map so well...
The Umbrella Badge seems like a terrible addon, you keep 5 m ranger and don't get the pallet break ability, which is probably the most important thing about him.
The changes would make him stronger, I just think it should be done in a healthier way...