Dead by Daylight New Year Resolutions

I'll be gone soon to do New Year stuff, so i figured i'd make this in advance. :p
What's going to be your New Year's Resolution related to Dead by Daylight? :)

Comments

  • Keep unnerving the hell out of survivors with jump scare Myers.

    Keep bringing the Dwight goodness to all the survivor lobbies I go to.
  • Get 100 salty survivors coments on my Steam profile (I treat those as my throphies)  :)
  • Continue to be a Freddy main but try to play the other killers more often too since they barely get played much :smile:
  • Get all the perks by the end of January, stop playing the game.

  • Git Gud as Nurse on console. Just like my resolutions to eat healthier and work out more, this will be ignored within 3 weeks.

    I'll just sit in my big ass memory foam bean bag, playing Wraith and eating Miss Vickie's Salt and Vinegar by Jan 13th :lol:

  • Try to get 100 party starters and annoy killers

  • Complete russian roulette builds for my killers.
    Get my bloodhound build for Legion.
  • Get every single perk on every single killer in prestige One Survivor that I actually like the play ass three times and get every perk on him as well .
  • Heres some resolution ideas for you guys (feel free to add your own):

    Survivors:

    • I'll stop dc'ing when the match takes 2 seconds too long to load
    • I'll stop rage quitting and screwing over the rest of the team just because i'm an immature twat
    • I'll start prioritizing saving hooked survivors instead of focusing on my gen which i'm already 30% through!
    • I'll stop running toward the hooked survivor when being chased so that other survivors can make the save
    • I'll be braver and take a hit for an injured survivor rather than let them get downed because its better for the team
    • If I see someone almost done breaking an activated totem (or other important action) when the killer is coming i'll distract the killer instead of just hiding
    • I'll grow a pair and not be afraid to take a hit in order to rescue a survivor.
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll recognize that working a generator, saving someone or healing someone should take priority over searching a chest or breaking a dull totem.
    • i'll try to ALWAYS BE DOING SOMETHING ('something' doesn't include hiding)

    Killers:

    • I will not play 1 v 3 games as real games and instead acknowledge that the 3 REAL PEOPLE out there just got screwed by the dc so will try to make it fun for everyone.
    • I will stop overdoing the camping and tunnelling and admit that it's just the cheapest, easiest way to win even if it effectively ruins the game dynamic so that survivors will eventually stop playing
    • I'll stop being a hatch fairy and slugging the 3rd survivor to deny the hatch because the smart survivor response will be to just wait it out and drag the game out way too long... just because i'm afraid of the hatch and GOTTA HAVE MY 4K!!!
    • I'll stop dc'ing when things don't go my way
    • I'll give the last survivor the hatch more often (especially when the hatch is RIGHT THERE)
    • I'll make an effort to realize i'm playing against 4 real people and can help make the game fun instead of obsessing over 4ks
    • I'll realize that being a dick in the way I approach the game doesn't make me 'more like a killer'. it just makes me a dick playing the killer. Ignoring sportsmanship doesn't make me cool.

    I don't need to hear killer responses defending their right to do all the things I listed. I refer you to the 1st and last points. Yes, you have every right, but you can also help make it a lot more fun out there instead of getting a few more bloodpoints.

    If all these things came true, man it would be a Happy New Year!

  • Heres some resolution ideas for you guys (feel free to add your own):

    Survivors:

    • I'll stop dc'ing when the match takes 2 seconds too long to load
    • I'll stop rage quitting and screwing over the rest of the team just because i'm an immature twit
    • I'll start prioritizing saving hooked survivors instead of focusing on my gen which i'm already 30% through!
    • I'll stop running toward the hooked survivor when being chased so that other survivors can make the save
    • I'll be braver and take a hit for an injured survivor rather than let them get downed because its better for the team
    • If I see someone almost done breaking an activated totem (or other important action) when the killer is coming i'll distract the killer instead of just hiding
    • I'll grow a pair and not be afraid to take a hit in order to rescue a survivor.
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll recognize that working a generator, saving someone or healing someone should take priority over searching a chest or breaking a dull totem.
    • i'll try to ALWAYS BE DOING SOMETHING ('something' doesn't include hiding)

    Killers:

    • I will not play 1 v 3 games as real games and instead acknowledge that the 3 REAL PEOPLE out there just got screwed by the dc so will try to make it fun for everyone.
    • I will stop overdoing the camping and tunnelling and admit that it's just the cheapest, easiest way to win even if it effectively ruins the game dynamic so that survivors will eventually stop playing
    • I'll stop being a hatch fairy and slugging the 3rd survivor to deny the hatch because the smart survivor response will be to just wait it out and drag the game out way too long... just because i'm afraid of the hatch and GOTTA HAVE MY 4K!!!
    • I'll stop dc'ing when things don't go my way
    • I'll give the last survivor the hatch more often (especially when the hatch is RIGHT THERE)
    • I'll make an effort to realize i'm playing against 4 real people and can help make the game fun instead of obsessing over 4ks
    • I'll realize that being a jerk in the way I approach the game doesn't make me 'more like a killer'. it just makes me a jerk playing the killer. Ignoring sportsmanship doesn't make me cool.

    I don't need to hear killer responses defending their right to do all the things I listed. I refer you to the 1st and last points. Yes, you have every right, but you can also help make it a lot more fun out there instead of getting a few more bloodpoints.

    If all these things came true, man it would be a Happy New Year!

  • @Sleephartha said:
    Heres some resolution ideas for you guys (feel free to add your own):

    Survivors:

    • I'll stop dc'ing when the match takes 2 seconds too long to load
    • I'll stop rage quitting and screwing over the rest of the team just because i'm an immature twit
    • I'll start prioritizing saving hooked survivors instead of focusing on my gen which i'm already 30% through!
    • I'll stop running toward the hooked survivor when being chased so that other survivors can make the save
    • I'll be braver and take a hit for an injured survivor rather than let them get downed because its better for the team
    • If I see someone almost done breaking an activated totem (or other important action) when the killer is coming i'll distract the killer instead of just hiding
    • I'll grow a pair and not be afraid to take a hit in order to rescue a survivor.
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll recognize that working a generator, saving someone or healing someone should take priority over searching a chest or breaking a dull totem.
    • i'll try to ALWAYS BE DOING SOMETHING ('something' doesn't include hiding)

    Killers:

    • I will not play 1 v 3 games as real games and instead acknowledge that the 3 REAL PEOPLE out there just got screwed by the dc so will try to make it fun for everyone.
    • I will stop overdoing the camping and tunnelling and admit that it's just the cheapest, easiest way to win even if it effectively ruins the game dynamic so that survivors will eventually stop playing
    • I'll stop being a hatch fairy and slugging the 3rd survivor to deny the hatch because the smart survivor response will be to just wait it out and drag the game out way too long... just because i'm afraid of the hatch and GOTTA HAVE MY 4K!!!
    • I'll stop dc'ing when things don't go my way
    • I'll give the last survivor the hatch more often (especially when the hatch is RIGHT THERE)
    • I'll make an effort to realize i'm playing against 4 real people and can help make the game fun instead of obsessing over 4ks
    • I'll realize that being a jerk in the way I approach the game doesn't make me 'more like a killer'. it just makes me a jerk playing the killer. Ignoring sportsmanship doesn't make me cool.

    I don't need to hear killer responses defending their right to do all the things I listed. I refer you to the 1st and last points. Yes, you have every right, but you can also help make it a lot more fun out there instead of getting a few more bloodpoints.

    If all these things came true, man it would be a Happy New Year!

    Interesting how both Survivor and Killer resolutions you're offering others to use are all to make the game better for the survivor as if the killer is just a tool to be used instead of an actual player who is also trying to have fun. Hmmm...

  • @RuneStarr said:

    Interesting how both Survivor and Killer resolutions you're offering others to use are all to make the game better for the survivor as if the killer is just a tool to be used instead of an actual player who is also trying to have fun. Hmmm...

    Yes, it's survivor perspective. I'm survivor main. Feel free to add thoughts on how survivors can improve to make the killer's game more fun. The only thing that I can really think of that would be unsportsmanlike survivor play is hiding forever. Everything else is just trying to survive and we have weak tools with which to do it.

  • Heres some resolution ideas for you guys (feel free to add your own):

    Survivors:

    • I'll stop dc'ing when the match takes 2 seconds too long to load
    • I'll stop rage quitting and screwing over the rest of the team just because i'm an immature twit
    • I'll start prioritizing saving hooked survivors instead of focusing on my gen which i'm already 30% through!
    • I'll stop running toward the hooked survivor when being chased so that other survivors can make the save
    • I'll be braver and take a hit for an injured survivor rather than let them get downed because its better for the team
    • If I see someone almost done breaking an activated totem (or other important action) when the killer is coming i'll distract the killer instead of just hiding
    • I'll grow a pair and not be afraid to take a hit in order to rescue a survivor.
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll crouch when playing the hag
    • I'll recognize that working a generator, saving someone or healing someone should take priority over searching a chest or breaking a dull totem.
    • i'll try to ALWAYS BE DOING SOMETHING ('something' doesn't include hiding)

    Killers:

    • I will not play 1 v 3 games as real games and instead acknowledge that the 3 REAL PEOPLE out there just got screwed by the dc so will try to make it fun for everyone.
    • I will stop overdoing the camping and tunnelling and admit that it's just the cheapest, easiest way to win even if it effectively ruins the game dynamic so that survivors will eventually stop playing
    • I'll stop being a hatch fairy and slugging the 3rd survivor to deny the hatch because the smart survivor response will be to just wait it out and drag the game out way too long... just because i'm afraid of the hatch and GOTTA HAVE MY 4K!!!
    • I'll stop dc'ing when things don't go my way
    • I'll give the last survivor the hatch more often (especially when the hatch is RIGHT THERE)
    • I'll make an effort to realize i'm playing against 4 real people and can help make the game fun instead of obsessing over 4ks
    • I'll realize that being a jerk in the way I approach the game doesn't make me 'more like a killer'. it just makes me a jerk playing the killer. Ignoring sportsmanship doesn't make me cool.

    I don't need to hear killer responses defending their right to do all the things I listed. I refer you to the 1st and last points. Yes, you have every right, but you can also help make it a lot more fun out there instead of getting a few more bloodpoints.

    If all these things came true, man it would be a Happy New Year!

    Here's one, or two that will probably never stick to add to survivors, and killers.

    I will not use chat to relay the location of anyone, or anything to anyone. 

    I will not use chat to tell who is using what.
  • Get everyone to P3.

  • @Sleephartha said:

    @RuneStarr said:

    Interesting how both Survivor and Killer resolutions you're offering others to use are all to make the game better for the survivor as if the killer is just a tool to be used instead of an actual player who is also trying to have fun. Hmmm...

    Yes, it's survivor perspective. I'm survivor main. Feel free to add thoughts on how survivors can improve to make the killer's game more fun. The only thing that I can really think of that would be unsportsmanlike survivor play is hiding forever. Everything else is just trying to survive and we have weak tools with which to do it.

    Alright well here's some ideas to be a nicer survivor.

    -I will not spam "GG EZ BABY KILLER' in post game chat/ps or xbox messages when the killer already had an obviously bad game. Because the killer is still a person and there's no need to rub it in if they've lost.

    -If the killer is having an obviously bad game, I'll take an L and give him 1k so he can get some BP and maybe safety pip. (this is a reverse of the GIVE THE LAST SURVIVOR THE HATCH, I don't actually believe this is needed just like giving the hatch isn't needed. No one is entitled to a free win)

    -Instead of raging REPORTED FOR made up rule whatever slur in post game, I'll either say gg and leave, say nothing and leave, or give actual friendly tips to maybe help them get better.

    -If there's an event on that relies on special hooks, instead of doing everything possible to make sure they don't get them (run to a corner with no event hooks, body block all event hooks), I'll let the killer get a few in so they can reach their reward.

    -I won't DC when I'm the 2nd to last survivor so the my buddy can get the hatch.

    -I won't DC when I miss DS/get hit/downed/before being hooked for the 1st time and let the killer get their BP bonus from the BBQ they're likely running.

    -I won't sit in the gates with the 3 other survivors teabagging to rub it in that we won. Instead I'll take the win and leave graciously.

    -I won't rant about crutch perks (with all those slurs again) in post game while running super meta survivor perks at the same time. Occasionally these 'crutch' perks are something ridiculous like Bitter Murmurs or Predator...

    -I won't tell my SWF mates the killers perks after I die/escape/DC since it in effect ruins any endgame perks and some early game ones and is an insanely unfair advantage.

    Hope that helps show a bit of the other side. Even though you're a survivor main you should consider some time as killer, it's like a whole other game and it'll actually help your survivor game out when you can get into the killers mindset.

  • I think all your points are totally legit. I hate all dc’ers. Although your poiint about the 3rd survivor dcing so the last can get the hatch... lord i wish that would happen. Lol. Offering yourself up as a kill for a killer having a bad game...i think thats fair. I guess its just hard to do because we get killed SO OFTEN and surviving is a fairly uncommon joy. And the killer might not even understand so it may be pointless. On the other hand its clear when a killer gives you the hatch that theyre being cool...

  • @KillerRaccoon said:
    Now I just have to level up The Legion...

    Who? Legion doesn't exist, what are you talking about...

  • I'm gonna camp more :chuffed:

  • Got home yesterday, played with friends and saw the same stuff as always, we got dodged lots of times. So i decided to become a killer main, except when my friends are available, and provide more matches to SWF.
    It's really boring to wait 20 minutes for a match.
  • Get the last 3 trophies needed for the platinum.

  • I'm going to try and keep both killer and survivor at the same level so that I don't feel like I am "maining" even if I end up having to put more games into one side or the other.

  • Stay in thee green ranks. R1 killer achievement is not worth the mental strain!

  • @Rex_Huin said:
    Get the last 3 trophies needed for the platinum.

    Some of those I'm sure are impossible, in particular "Where did they go?" and one called something like "Hit one person with the nurse, ever"

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    @Rex_Huin said:
    Get the last 3 trophies needed for the platinum.

    Some of those I'm sure are impossible, in particular "Where did they go?" and one called something like "Hit one person with the nurse, ever"

    Ha! How did you guess?

    Yes the 3 are:
    'Where did they go?'
    Chain hit 100 people with the nurse at 10FPS
    Grab someone after a triple chain laggy blink

    I'm sure I can grind out the 100 hits but the other 2 who knows?

  • well, continue to punish those who proxy camp

  • Get out of bro an ranks as a solo