The most BS thing I have ever seen

Okay so chasing a survivor and I swing and hear it hit them and I get stunned okay simple I know it happens and so I get accept the stun then I see the most BS thing happen...THE SURVIVOR WAS NOT INJURED even though it connected on my screen I heard the sound of them being hit. How is it that I get downed and stun the killer but they get a simple hit and are completely fine while I get stunned.

Comments

  • So, you were stunned as the killer?

    I'm a little confused here.

    There is a lot of perks that survivors run that keep them from being downed (Dead Hard, etc) but I think I'm missing part of this story?

  • @Melinko said:

    So, you were stunned as the killer?

    I'm a little confused here.

    There is a lot of perks that survivors run that keep them from being downed (Dead Hard, etc) but I think I'm missing part of this story?

    I think @jamally093 is saying that they swung at a survivor in a pallet, and what happened was:

    - the survivor got hit and made a "getting hit" sound, then...

    - they got stunned, then...

    - the survivor, as if by magic, became un-hit and was healthy instead of injured

    If that's what you're describing, that seems to be a problem with internet speeds. The survivor had already dropped the pallet according to the server meaning you were already stunned according to the server, but the server did not yet send that info to your computer yet. Your computer therefore let you swing and injure the survivor, but then it told you "oh no you were stunned before you swung so that hit never actually counted"

    It stinks but it's unavoidable especially if your internet is having a bad day and happens to both sides

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3556386#Comment_3556386

    I think @jamally093 is saying that they swung at a survivor in a pallet, and what happened was:

    - the survivor got hit and made a "getting hit" sound, then...

    - they got stunned, then...

    - the survivor, as if by magic, became un-hit and was healthy instead of injured

    If that's what you're describing, that seems to be a problem with internet speeds. The survivor had already dropped the pallet according to the server meaning you were already stunned according to the server, but the server did not yet send that info to your computer yet. Your computer therefore let you swing and injure the survivor, but then it told you "oh no you were stunned before you swung so that hit never actually counted"

    It stinks but it's unavoidable especially if your internet is having a bad day and happens to both sides

    Gotcha, thank you.

    Yeah, sounds like a weird ping/server resolving itself issue.

  • @jamally093 said:

    Okay so chasing a survivor and I swing and hear it hit them and I get stunned okay simple I know it happens and so I get accept the stun then I see the most BS thing happen...THE SURVIVOR WAS NOT INJURED even though it connected on my screen I heard the sound of them being hit. How is it that I get downed and stun the killer but they get a simple hit and are completely fine while I get stunned.

    So you got stunned at a pallet?

    Then that's hit validation for you.

    Was extremely fun when that worked on dh. You hit them, they scream, you have blood all over the screen and nothing actually happened. That was right before the Perk got changed in 6.1.

    Was the worst version of the Perk by far. (which also got defended by many people because : "you didn't actually hit them")

    It still happens from time to time at very close hits with wanky internet connection.

  • That's hit validation. The server deemed, that the stun actually happened before the hit. However, because both happened in very rapid succession, your game detected the hit before the server could respond, which caused the sound. But since the server didn't detect the hit, the survivor was not injured.

    This can happen unfortunately and there is not much that the devs can do. There will always be a slight desync between what happens on your screen and what actually happens from the server's POV.

  • I commonly refer to that as you got "BHVRed" lol

  • You got dedicated. Thats what happend.

  • The biggest BS killer thing currently in this game is flashlight Saves going through walls or through the back of your head when standing 1" facing a wall.

  • For me its the opposite. I stun the killer and still magically get hit and die. I'd love to know how it's possible to be stunned and get hit at the same time.

    This game has dedicated servers no? Is their infrastructure not optimized? The server should be decided on hits/stuns, nothing else.

    I've just accepted it's very poorly done and if I die because the infrastructure of this games server, then great. Something needs to be fixed.

  • Sounds to be like one of you had a shotty connection and you got hit regged