Does Ulitmate Weapon discourage or encourage camping?

I would like to hear your opinions on this, I am not sure myself if UW encourages or discourages proxy-camping. Please keep balance complaints out of this discussion.

Comments

  • I don’t think it encourages camping

    it’s pretty much SOMEWHAT the equivalent to BBQ and Chili and every other information perk

    -you hook a survivor

    -open a locker and gain info on a survivor’s location and then proceed to get into chase

    -I think it encourages getting into chases more than camping

  • its a perk, so it depends on who uses it. yes, i facing againts few player that use this perk for proxy camp.

  • Neither, really. If a killer wants to camp, they will camp. With or without UW. And if they want to leave, then they will do that. With or without UW.

    It works in both situations.

  • Neither.

    If someone wants to camp, they camp. That they have a Perk which is very good at finding out the location of Survivors when they leave the Hook does not change that they want to camp.

    If anything, Ultimate Weapon is used as a excuse for camping. "My Perk said that someone is nearby, so I camped"...

  • I'd say it encourages chases more than anything. As an info perk it's centered around the killers TR, so yes, it's functional in a proxy-camping scenario. However it gives a single snapshop of info every 60 seconds, in order to use that info you need to find the survivors it reveals and keep them in your view.

  • Both. It can be used to be alerted to survivors near the hook, but can also be used to find survivors away from the hook if the killer doesn’t want to camp.