The New Generator Counter is Greatly Unintuitive.

Maybe not the case for survivors, but as a killer player, you need that sense of urgency to kick in as the numbers climb down from 5 to 1, and to eventually 0.

Also more importantly, you need to be able to flick your eyes to the bottom right of the screen and see a number, not a fraction. Its much faster and comfortable seeing 1 and understanding you should speed up, than to read a fraction 4/5, which already has problems of its own.

If i read 3/5 right now, I would assume i have 3/5 generators left, not 2/5.


Overall, this was a meaningless change that takes away from simplicity for no apparent reason.

Comments

  • I must admit, I prefer the number of gens left method over the fraction method.

    Not really a massive deal.... both are easy to understand imo, but the current version is just more appealing to look at on the HUD.

  • This is another test that only some of the players have.