BHVR's Recent Map Design is Horrible.
Ever since Garden of Joy came out, all of the maps that have been released or reworked have been miserable.
Garden of Joy has an almost infinite in its main building. I also forgot to mention the pain car around the back.
Borgo in its current state is absurdly red.
Red Forest rework made this thing called "seing" impossible.
Rancid abbitor has so few pallets that it feels like they don't exist.
Toba Landing is so much color spam that it actually hurts to look at. Oh also wesker can't bound on the main building stairs, thats fun.
PTB Borgo feels like a 2017 map.
PTB macmillan maps are also terrible.
I'm sure theres more terrible maps that recently came out, but my brain already hurts from these.
Does BHVR even have a map balancing team anymore? Or do they just randomly add god pallets and delete others based on whim?
Edit: Nostromo actually isn't that horrible. I forgot they made a decent map lately.
Comments
Nostromo wreckage is awesome. Probably the best map since dead dawg saloon.
Conveniently skipping Nostromo, I see.
You forgot the game
But it has performance issues, I get frame drops and lags on this map, basically cannot play killer on it.
Nostromo is pretty nice imo, and the problem with Toba is not as bad, the tials are fine for me. It only sucks for killers like I guess Billy, but that's an issue with the killer at this point. The number of pallets and how they are on the map is fine.
I just played a round of Stbfl + dream pallet Freddy on the map (no other perks) (yes, I like torture). Worked fine for me. But balance wise the map is awesome.
Nostromo can be really dumb too. not always, but pretty often there can be upwards of 5 pallet loops chaining acorss the map from main to the other building if you arent on a movement killer.
When I play killer and I load on Garden of Pain or Nostromo, I don't even want to try anymore. Too much clutter. Too many hiding spots.