Map offerings
What do you guys think about removing/reworking map offerings I personally think that they should be in this point reworked to work in the way that you are no sent on specific map. I want to know people opinions on this topic because today I played around 20 games as a killer and 14 out of 20 matches I was sent to specific map to be bullied or survivors to take advantage of that map but I play survivor too and all of my survivor games there was no offering brought. That's all let me know what do you think about that
Comments
They should just be removed. Making them guarantee you won’t be sent to a certain realm is pointless because you can easily just get another map that is either just as bad, or worse.
They'rr problem because swf if you party more than 2 people you should not be able to use them. Swf is huge advantage already they don't need more. Map offerings are fine in soloQ even garden of joy. That map only gives soloQ chance.
Map offerings are a valid or even important part of game expression, just like being able to choose the killer you play.
But they should never 100% favour one side.
The solution isn't to remove or reverse map offerings, the solution is to ensure every offering has a range of results. This means each Realm needs to include multiple maps or multiple variations of a map, and those variations need to be different enough that some can be 'killer sided' and some can be 'survivor sided'. But they should still in general send you to a given location or theme.
That is good point but I think the problem lies overall in maps design I am just bored being sent to gideon or badham 7th time in my play sesion I want to play casually but when I see map offering I just want to quit this match already
In terms of SWF I really love idea that someone bring up, that you as a killer or soloQ survivor should be able to see icon in lobby next to nick of survivors that are in SWF
Everyone would just dodge swf that would be same like showing the killer to survivors in lobby everyone would dodge high tier killers. It would break matchmaking better thing would increase swf mmr so they get better killers who can deal with them. I would only show after match if they're solo or swf.
But I think removing map offerings from swf:s is good start. 2 man swf though is fine probably even most equal chance for both sides as soloQ is usually easy stomp for killer. 3 man is in weird spot they might lose because one incompetent ramdom or with good ramdom stomp killer like 4 man swf.
I would consider doing some restriction to swf:s who have good winrate if they face below A tier killers. Making slower gen repair speed etc. 100s gens would be fine for them they would still win a lot but at least killers could stand bit more of a chance.
you never see midwich again
I think they are okay.
Personally, I hate map offering with a passion. I never use them myself bc I think it is cheap to just pick the map you want to go to know you going to have the upper hand on that map. Hate it when survivor use them and I hate it when killer uses them. I think every map offering should be deleted and have map selection be competely up to rng. I just love being sent to The Game, GoJ or, EoC all the time as killer....
They should disappear.
I always make a point of making the game as unfun as possible whenever I'm being sent to a stupid map.
I think all map offerings (and Sacri Ward) should be a singular item, and only show up as a single item in Bloodwebs. They are much much much too common, and at least making Sacri Ward the same item could ensure you never get forced a map when you don't want to be. It would work like the map selection in private lobbies, and it would take on the current icon of the realm of the map you ended up selecting. For example Wrecker's Yard would show the Azarov's Key. If you select it but don't pick a map in time, it defaults to the Sacri Ward effect, with an explicit option for the Sacri Ward effect as well.
One of my least favourite aspects of the game, if I'm honest. Would rather leave it up to the Entity. I resent spending BP on map offerings that I know I'll never use and a lot of maps that I don't particularly enjoy in either my survivor or killer games are the ones I see most because they're generally considered to be "survivor sided" maps. It's good to have the option to bring an offering for The Game when I have a pallet smashing challenge, though.
I don't think they should be removed entirely, but I would make the Sacrificial Ward a brown offering so that map offerings can be countered more frequently. Feels bad to waste a ward only to find there's no offering in play.
I like them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯