Does Insidious give any value?
All of the talk about the anti-facecamping system got me thinking about Insidious, one of the most popular perks for facecamping Bubbas. Does anyone know of any time it gave value outside of facecamping? I know Spookyloopz once used it while pretending to be a Scarecrow, but does it have any value outside of fooling around? I don't feel like losing your terror radius while standing still really does anything for any killer, because you don't really want to be standing still as killer.
Comments
You can like... camp a gen from behind a wall I guess.
Or camp a totem.
Pretend you are controlling victor?
Honestly, the perk is just outdated in it's design. Should get a new effect.
No it's a stupid perk and should be reworked entirely
It is good for corner jumpscares where you wait for survivors to run into you. This is really fun if you think like a ghostface it is fun and funny. The amount of people who walk after I hit them or just freeze is hilarious.
When I had an Insidious Basement Bubba phase, I quickly learned to camp the entrance from outside of Kindred range - that happens to be 16 meters, just like the anti-facecamp feature. Insidious will remain as... viable as it always was.
Otherwise I used it on Hux to be undetectable while cycling through the pods... until I learned he does that by default. :P
I used to use it to mindgame jungle gyms. Activate Insidious to make them think I left and then when they left the safety of the tile begin chase again.
I’ve gotten value out of hag with it.
People act like the anti-camp mechanic will be automatic. You could still use insidious around the hook, there's just going to be a limit on how long you can stay there.
But you can also use Insidious with aura reading perks like BBQ, if you see the direction a survivor is running you can wait to ambush them.
We all know where it's value lies....
Basement bubba noises intensify.
Otherwise, I tried to get value out of it by camping a Gen. But even there, trail of torment does the job better because it also gives a notification and it shows the survivor the Gen that is affected, luring them in.
Very outdated perk that is only good for some laughs and memes.
I forget this perk exists 99% of the time until a Bubba fatally reminds me of it. I mean, it's good for memes, but it's just that, a meme. It should get another effect like getting x seconds of undetectable after hooking someone or something.
I remember Otzdarva doing the Victor trick with Insidious and getting a hook-grab because of it lmao
He didn't even really have to camp, necessarily - he knew somebody was around and it took all of five seconds for them to show up.