Still getting bans for the server drops?

Took a year or so off as I stopped having fun with all the toxicity. Came back for Alien and am having fun for the most part but in all that time how am I still getting ban timers for your server dropping the ball? Why is this still a thing? Im all for the ban timers even though people just suicide on hook if they don't wanna play a match but it helps a little ONLY if it's working properly. 3 times now today the server has dropped and I'm now at a 14 minute ban. Did I make a mistake coming back or what?

Edit: now make that a 30 minutes ban. Might just uninstall for good if this keeps.

Comments

  • Has been going on for a while now. As of a few patches ago it got noticeably worse. Used to be it would bump someone (ex: you) offline, but now it's taking down everyone in the trial. Streamers even mention it from time to time, but as of yet no fixes or updates from BHVR.

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    Has been going on for a while now. As of a few patches ago it got noticeably worse. Used to be it would bump someone (ex: you) offline, but now it's taking down everyone in the trial. Streamers even mention it from time to time, but as of yet no fixes or updates from BHVR.

    Wonderful.

  • You took a year off and still havent fixed your wifi?

  • You should try and talk to someone or send a support ticket maybe. I very rarely get booted out of a game. Any time I have and it said server timed out, or anything along that line, I never received a penalty for it. My Internet acting up is a different story but that's not the servers fault.

  • @SleepyLunatic said:

    You took a year off and still havent fixed your wifi?

    If you live in the US, you can't "fix your wifi". The company will charge you scam rates for subpar service, and because they (in all likelihood) bribed officials, so you likely only have 1 ISP in your area. That means you can't even threaten them with going to another company because they know they have a monopoly.

  • I just got booted from a game, "dedicated server not responding" but it didn't give me a penalty. It also kicked me out of the next lobby and said server issue of some kind. It still didn't give me a penalty but something seems to be going on. I also couldn't log in to steam for a moment.

  • Any time the server shuts down I never get a penalty.

  • @Sava18 said:

    Any time the server shuts down I never get a penalty.

    Wild. It happened to me two days straight where we would all get disconnected from the game and I'd get an increasing ban time. Hasn't happened since I posted though so maybe server issues those days