Forgot Cross Progression, Let Us Transfer Accounts

I'm really sick of playing on Nintendo Switch. What if players were willing to have their accounts transferred using their Cloud ID?

I would be willing to repurchase every DLC, but I just want to keep all my progress.

Is this possible? If not, I think the devs should level with the Switch players. We need to know if you have any plans, at all, to make this a better experience before we purchase more Auric Cells, DLC, etc.

Comments

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    I'm really sick of playing on Nintendo Switch. What if players were willing to have their accounts transferred using their Cloud ID?

    I would be willing to repurchase every DLC, but I just want to keep all my progress.

    Is this possible? If not, I think the devs should level with the Switch players. We need to know if you have any plans, at all, to make this a better experience before we purchase more Auric Cells, DLC, etc.

    Cross Progression for the Switch was due out last September, but that deal ran into problems apparently beyond the devs' control and fell through. Since then there's been no update.

    Usually with the devs if there's nothing new to share we get nuthin, until there's something to say about it.

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    I'm really sick of playing on Nintendo Switch. What if players were willing to have their accounts transferred using their Cloud ID?

    I would be willing to repurchase every DLC, but I just want to keep all my progress.

    Is this possible? If not, I think the devs should level with the Switch players. We need to know if you have any plans, at all, to make this a better experience before we purchase more Auric Cells, DLC, etc.

    I think the same reasons why cross progression isn't a thing yet would keep account switching from happening: the platform store you're switching to isn't going to get a cut of the money you've already spent on it. So essentially their losing on sales, and giving you a bunch of content you paid someone else for.

    Of course the logical counterargument is that they'd also get future sales from you they wouldn't otherwise get (and of course you'd have to purchase the game as well), but that's not guaranteed, and modern businesses are myopically fixated on short term/immediate profit margins.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/389916/forgot-cross-progression-let-us-transfer-accounts

    I think the same reasons why cross progression isn't a thing yet would keep account switching from happening: the platform store you're switching to isn't going to get a cut of the money you've already spent on it. So essentially their losing on sales, and giving you a bunch of content you paid someone else for.

    Of course the logical counterargument is that they'd also get future sales from you they wouldn't otherwise get (and of course you'd have to purchase the game as well), but that's not guaranteed, and modern businesses are myopically fixated on short term/immediate profit margins.

    They would get a cut though. If I have to repurchase the Halloween chapter on playstation, sony will profit. I just want my progress to be transferred. I'm willing to buy the game and DLC twice, but I'm not going to lose my progress.

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3530769#Comment_3530769

    They would get a cut though. If I have to repurchase the Halloween chapter on playstation, sony will profit. I just want my progress to be transferred. I'm willing to buy the game and DLC twice, but I'm not going to lose my progress.

    Well you're a rare bird then, because most people (at least long term players) aren't going to be willing to re-purchase everything, beyond the core game. As much as I would love to switch to PC, there's no way I'm paying for all that DLC and all those cosmetics again. Not to mention all the earned cosmetics and limited time stuff I've earned over the years I'd never be able to get again.

    Obviously the progress itself is most important, but it's only part of the reason I won't just ditch my PSN account for Steam.

  • I think this would be best solutions that bhvr can do - keep accounts in their cloud.

    They cannot guarantee account transfer since every company wants to make money for selling the game, but after buying the game one would be able to login on their bhvr account with their whole progress - in this case its characters and skins bought with ingame currency, rewards, lvls and prestige. But no dlc would be enabled here, and would have to be repurchase but this would unlock already prestiged characters.

    Dont know how auric cells should work since its ingame currency, but bought from external sourcess like steam, yet You was able to get auric cells from rifts.