My view on Xenomorph.
Xenomorph's tail attack ability is a lose/lose situation versus people with good aim. Anything that guarantees a animation lock will get you injured/slugged. Xenomorph's rarely even break pallets since they don't need to thanks to the tail attack. Some people may say that Pyramid Head also has this ability. However, Pyramid Head has a whole animation and sound cue to tell survivors that they are using their ability. Xenomorph lacks both of those. I hate being paranoid of a tail attack just as much as I hated being paranoid of Dead Hard before the nerf. Sure, I can just bait vaulting for now. What will happen later when people learn how to play Xeno and become patient? I'm not saying that the tail attack should be nerfed to oblivion, but perhaps have a cool-down to reward successfuly dodging it. Another point to reinforce this is how laggy the servers are. I usually get 60ms+ ping, for whatever reason, and absurd hits are rather common. Saying that the hitbox is smaller than Nemesis' tentacle doesn't really prove anything.
Another issue is the crawling ability itself. Mind-gaming with Xeno is very easy to do since you can only rely on the red stain on most loops as a survivor. if you get caught off-guard and Xeno catches up, you're guaranteed to get hit by the tail attack. This isn't something I want to get nerfed, I like how unique it is, but combined with the tail attack it just gets annoying. Any other killer would fail to get a down in that situation if a pallet was dropped unless you went against Nemesis (and were infected before the tentacle hit) or Huntress but if you get mind-gamed by a Huntress, they probably deserve the hit considering they're a 4.4 killer.
The tunnels are pretty cool. I don't really have much complaints about that but I have to just mention how this killer looks like if Demogorgon (teleporting) and Nemesis (tentacle) had a baby.
The Remote Flame Turrets are pretty terrible in this current state. I once placed down two turrets in close proximity and looped around them. They failed to get Xeno out of crawling mode and yes, they were active. Here's another point, once people learn how to destroy those turrets quicker, they'll be a waste of time (apart from being able to tell where Xeno is at). Xenos are almost always in crawling mode no matter how much turrets are in the game and that has to signify something - how weak turrets are.
The carrying animation is also pretty goofy. You'd think survivors would try to attack the arm that's holding them by their neck but it is what it is.
In short, once Xenos get better at aiming with their tail, there won't be any way to counter it. I'm sure everyone is experiencing harder to win games since the update dropped.
Thanks for trying to understand my perspective. If you disagree with something I have observed, please do not call me a survivor main in any way, there's no need for it.
Comments