Promised anti-camping mechanic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was going to be some anticamping mechanic. I cannot find any new information, but where is it?

And are there any work about antitunneling mechanic?


Because it's getting pretty stale and boring. Almost every killer-player go by this algorithm:

  • camp/tunnel out first survivor at 5 gens and get effortless win
  • try to play, but if got down to two gens, tunnel/camp survivors out one by one and get a guaranteed win.
  • if no down with two gens remaining, DC.

With little exception, 4/5 matches go by this scenario. I really would like it be quite the opposite: dunces be an exception, not players that put at least some effort into gameplay.

Now it's just snap of the finger to win. If snap didn't work, DC.


So, where is this anticamping mechanic and what happened to it?

Comments

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519205#Comment_3519205

    So your suggestion is to create esoteric “punishment zones” for the Killer, that aren’t easily understood or noticed, to instill an underlying bias that they cannot stay near survivors once they’re hooked. Just so survivors can preferably at minimum maximize hook economy, and at most gain a time efficiency advantage without any effort whatsoever on their part, while not addressing proxy camping, high mobility Killers, chokepoints, patrol routes in relation to generators remaining, or map elevation?

    An unclear, passive, AoE based mechanic that promotes Killer uncertainty/anxiety over approaching a hooked survivor is not what I think would help the game, nor would it introduce any novelty.

    My suggestion?

    This is the system BHVR have said is coming later this year. I just inserted some values into it.

    Besides with the values I used, none of what you said would be true. If you weren't within the zones for the entirety of the hook state, aka actually facecamping, you would have nothing to worry about.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519728#Comment_3519728

    My suggestion?

    This is the system BHVR have said is coming later this year. I just inserted some values into it.

    Besides with the values I used, none of what you said would be true. If you weren't within the zones for the entirety of the hook state, aka actually facecamping, you would have nothing to worry about.

    How do you know you’re not in the zones, will there be an indicator? You for certain will be for a little bit right after Hooking the survivor, will there be a grace period, or should you play hotfoot?

    And how would you then address the resulting complaints of getting camped by blights or nurses who just tunnel off hook, or Killers who return to the hook periodically once they see a survivor coming with the understanding that the buildup is now slowed?

  • @JonOzzie16 said:

    I'll be shocked if we ever see this implemented in the game. It'll never make it past the PTB because SWFs will find a way to abuse it.

    Actual abusing, or 'hard throw the game to make this interaction fire' abusing?

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519743#Comment_3519743

    How do you know you’re not in the zones, will there be an indicator? You for certain will be for a little bit right after Hooking the survivor, will there be a grace period, or should you play hotfoot?

    And how would you then address the resulting complaints of getting camped by blights or nurses who just tunnel off hook, or Killers who return to the hook periodically once they see a survivor coming with the understanding that the buildup is now slowed?

    You might want to ask BHVR.

    You can't dismiss a solution to a problem just because "but Blight and Nurse exist". Nothing would ever get done.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519748#Comment_3519748

    You might want to ask BHVR.

    You can't dismiss a solution to a problem just because "but Blight and Nurse exist". Nothing would ever get done.

    Yes you can when it revolves around the concept of high mobility. Because it’s something that a lot of players like, going fast. I could have included Wesker and his Bound. Spirit. Or range, like Huntress with a good line of sight.

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519743#Comment_3519743

    How do you know you’re not in the zones, will there be an indicator? You for certain will be for a little bit right after Hooking the survivor, will there be a grace period, or should you play hotfoot?

    And how would you then address the resulting complaints of getting camped by blights or nurses who just tunnel off hook, or Killers who return to the hook periodically once they see a survivor coming with the understanding that the buildup is now slowed?

    I hope killers will have an indicator. But we'll be fine without it. They said the anti-facecamp feature will have a 16m range - exactly the same as Kindred. Any decent camper is very familiar with that distance anyways.

    The returning to the hook variation is not facecamping. That's tunneling and proxy-camping. The anti-facecamp feature isn't meant to eliminate those strategies.

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519750#Comment_3519750

    Yes you can when it revolves around the concept of high mobility. Because it’s something that a lot of players like, going fast. I could have included Wesker and his Bound. Spirit. Or even Huntress with a good line of sight.

    So I guess the only option is to delete those killers huh.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519751#Comment_3519751

    So I guess the only option is to delete those killers huh.

    Or come up with a solution that also involves obscuring the whereabouts of the survivor…

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519753#Comment_3519753

    Or come up with a solution that also involves obscuring the whereabouts of the survivor…

    That would be an anti tunneling mechanic, and already provided by Off The Record.

    There's no reason why these should be mutually exclusive.

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519748#Comment_3519748

    I hope killers will have an indicator. But we'll be fine without it. They said the anti-facecamp feature will have a 16m range - exactly the same as Kindred. Any decent camper is very familiar with that distance anyways.

    The returning to the hook variation is not facecamping. That's tunneling and proxy-camping. The anti-facecamp feature isn't meant to eliminate those strategies.

    Then it’s merely flavor that will piss off the Killers for “getting nerfed”. While also adding “bad boy zones”.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519755#Comment_3519755

    That would be an anti tunneling mechanic, and already provided by Off The Record.

    I’m pretty sure the survivor is near the Hook when unhooked. I still know where they are, especially if proxycamping with respect to the new ranges dictated by the new anti-camp measure.

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519757#Comment_3519757

    I’m pretty sure the survivor is near the Hook when unhooked. I still know where they are, especially if proxycamping with respect to the new ranges dictated by the new anti-camp measure.

    Then I don't understand what you're asking for? It seems to be the impossible, and if the impossible isn't possible then nothing should be?

    Do you want unhooked survivors teleported to the other side of the map? No wait you want teleporting hooks don't you?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519759#Comment_3519759

    Then I don't understand what you're asking for? It seems to be the impossible, and if the impossible isn't possible then nothing should be?

    Do you want unhooked survivors teleported to the other side of the map? No wait you want teleporting hooks don't you?

    Player teleporter. Not Hook teleporter, I play Executioner, a Hook teleporter won't end well.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/373198/rough-anti-camp-basement-new-mechanic-s-idea

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519752#Comment_3519752

    Then it’s merely flavor that will piss of the Killers for “getting nerfed”.

    I disagree. It'll eliminate (or heavily punish) facecamping - a rather dull and not very efficient, but rightfully disliked practice. It wont affect the highly interactive and very efficient macro-approach often referred as 'hard tunneling'. I'm personally very happy for that, as it's a pretty fun playstyle, especially once you start to regularly face groups of survivors who know how to play around it instead of giving up as soon as they realize what's happening.

    Once the feature goes live, I'll read the lamentations of mediocre killers claiming that "killer got nerfed" with the same glee I'll feel about the survivor complaints that the anti-facecamp feature only eliminated facecamping, and they are still subject to proxy-camping and tunneling. I'll have a hard time resisting to point out their "skill issue" in both of these cases.

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519758#Comment_3519758

    I disagree. It'll eliminate (or heavily punish) facecamping - a rather dull and not very efficient, but rightfully disliked practice. It wont affect the highly interactive and very efficient macro-approach often referred as 'hard tunneling'. I'm personally very happy for that, as it's a pretty fun playstyle, especially once you start to regularly face groups of survivors who know how to play around it instead of giving up as soon as they realize what's happening.

    Once the feature goes live, I'll read the lamentations of mediocre killers claiming that "killer got nerfed" with the same glee I'll feel about the survivor complaints that the anti-facecamp feature only eliminated facecamping, and they are still subject to proxy-camping and tunneling. I'll have a hard time resisting to point out their "skill issue" in both of these cases.

    I'm the kind of CoD of advanced warfare player that would setup anti-infantry mines to make sure a chokepoint was just that, a choke-point, given player interaction and more than enough anti-infantry mines,

    DBD doesn't have that.... Yet.

1 2 ›