Either DC penalties or hook suicides need to be removed.
BHVR added the new DC bots and had a gigabrain moment to increase the DC penalties in the same patch, so that survivors wouldn't use this feature. Now people just kill themselves on hook to avoid the penalty and prevent the bot from spawning.
There are 2 solutions to this:
- Remove the penalties or make them more forgiving
- Remove hook suicides and self unhooks (aside from Deliverance). 4% is bullsh*t anyway and is a trap for newer players.
Comments
Or I could just go afk.
Would be slower then suicide but still.
I say fix matchmaking.
In what way? So that you get to decide the killer, their MMR, their, perks, addons and play style as well as the map?
If someone is looking for a reason to dc they will find one. And there are enough people like that out there. I have seen people that disconnected because they didn't get a stun on the killer. It is not a matchmaking issue but a player issue.
There was a post here the other day where people were saying that they got DC bans for going afk. If this is the case then hook suicides will only get worse
Just rework the hook phases in a way where they don´t allow for suicides.
I think self unhooks could be looked at without being outright removed.
Still get your three shots at a 4% kobe, but instead of being able to take then all immediately and burn through an entire hook state in about 5 seconds, you gain these chances over time.
Say every 10 seconds you get the option to kobe, which shaves off 10 seconds of your bar instead of 20 seconds. You can still save up your chances to take at any point after each 10 seconds of course. But this would mean that the minimum time you'll spend on your first hook state is 30 seconds.
30 seconds is quick enough that you don't need to ragequit if your intention is to leave the game. It will still be the quickest way out of the game without incurring a penalty. But it will give your team mates an extra 30 seconds to make the rescue.
Much like the DC penalty exists to give the player a cooling off period to calm down, this would give the player 30 seconds of buffer time to stop and slow down. Because it doesn't even need to be a petty ragequit, I have on occasion taken my three chances, because it appeared that no one was coming for me, with everyone engaged with the killer on the other side of the map and no one making any effort to get any closer to me, I got impatient and took my chances. Only for me to go to second stage and then someone makes their way over and rescues me long before I died, which would have meant if I didn't take my chances, I'd still be on first hook state. This would prevent that scenario.
If your team mates can't rescue you in that time, then it probably turns out that taking your chances was the correct move after all.
removing hook suicide is going to increase soft griefing.
i agree with the fix mm but mm cant fix chesmerchant or nurse
If someone wants to bottle a game, they will always find a way, regardless of what obstacles are put in front of them. It's sad, but there's only so much than can be done against them.
I'm not agreeing with the kobe being scrapped and the dc penalty should stay, but I do agree the second stage hook shouldn't have any skill checks and just advances the same way the first hook did.
One other thing I'd suggest is that if someone disconnects, then they should be booted completely out of the lobby. I see some streamers disconnecting and then watching their bot, which feels a little like a reward whilst waiting for the dc timer to end. I'd get rid of that mini incentive.