Something feels off about Dramaturgy

So I've been playing it for the past 3-4 games in my item generation build (alongside Ace in the hole and Appraisal) and I've only managed to generate 1 single item despite activating the perk like 10 times by now, maybe more. What gives. I thought this effect had a 1/4 chances to trigger, but it feels if I'm already holding an item (I brought one and I found one) I don't seem to be getting the chance to get the item from Dramaturgy, although I remember in the PBE it just made you drop the item when you generated it.


I only managed to generate an item while not holding anything.


DO all effects have the same chance to occur? Cause I assumed that was so.


String of bad luck or potential bug?

Comments

  • It's just bad luck.

    I've had games where the perk gives me an item every other time and some games where I get no items.

    You can even get really unlucky and have a string of screams and exposed.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    So I've been playing it for the past 3-4 games in my item generation build (alongside Ace in the hole and Appraisal) and I've only managed to generate 1 single item despite activating the perk like 10 times by now, maybe more. What gives. I thought this effect had a 1/4 chances to trigger, but it feels if I'm already holding an item (I brought one and I found one) I don't seem to be getting the chance to get the item from Dramaturgy, although I remember in the PBE it just made you drop the item when you generated it.

    I only managed to generate an item while not holding anything.

    DO all effects have the same chance to occur? Cause I assumed that was so.

    String of bad luck or potential bug?

    I stopped using the perk. It was on my main build but every time i use it i make 0 distance and i get the expose effect too often. I had a game vs a wesker where i got exposed twice, scream once and got haste once after activating 4 times. Not 1 item. Its a terrible perk in my opinion.

  • Just bad luck. I'm pretty sure the only failsafe the perk has is not letting the same effect happen twice in a row.

  • Haven't got a single item with it in 2 rounds activating it a few times.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Just bad luck. I'm pretty sure the only failsafe the perk has is not letting the same effect happen twice in a row.

    That's not true. I got haste bonus 5 out of 8 times. The other one was a scream. Twice I got exposed.

  • But I was reliably informed it was "literally old dead hard" multiple times 🤔

  • I didn't realise the ultra rare items it originally was giving were not intended and I was loving the perk and ran it every match. Now... well it's pretty meh since I can earn more BP and buy rare items in the web anyway and I don't rate it for anything else.

    Maybe they could tweak it so it still does have the possibility of spawning an ultra rare item, then it would still be a fun and worthwhile perk?

  • @DH3206 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3502846#Comment_3502846

    That's not true. I got haste bonus 5 out of 8 times. The other one was a scream. Twice I got exposed.

    I know it's supposed to be like that. It even says that in the actual perk description.

    image.png image.png

    If you're getting the same effects twice in a row, the perk is bugged.

  • I think we should keep track of it and see how it does live? It could be bugged due to being patched...who knows.