What's your opinion about DC and the new bots?

With the new bots addition to the game after next patch, do you guys think they should remove DC penalty or just keep it as it is?

I was thinking this earlier and turns out that if a person doesn't wanna play the match, they'll find any excuse to do it, so in that logic, it's actually good that a bot (that will actually try to win) replaces them anytime it needs. Do you think this will cause a "dc pandemic"?

Comments

  • @JonOzzie16 said:

    There are killers that would never see a match against real players. Skull merchant, knight, maybe wesker, nurse. I do get why people get frustrated with these killers. But ruining their game experience because the DC penalty was removed is unfair. Yes people will quit no matter what. But having the ability to DC whenever you want without any consequences all? The game would go to ######### literally in days.

    Sometimes deserved.


    BHVR should make Killers better than SM.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3486334#Comment_3486334

    • AFK : Ban them, they already have AFK detection in the game, if you do it often, get banned kid.
    • Outright throw: Ban them, other games have "intentional feeding" detection, shouldn't be too hard to do the same thing here.
    • Sandbag: Depending on what you mean by this, its already bannable (i.e. intentional body blocking) so nothing new there
    • Point at hook: same as sandbagging or throwing, ban them
    • Suicide: remove the mechanic from the game, its stupid anyway a 4% chance for the game to just suddenly swing in a different direction, completely RNG based, bad mechanic.
    • DC: great, then they take the penalty.

    Doesn't matter if the game is a "highly competitive MOBA" i could name dozens of multiplayer games that ban you for doing this kind of stuff. And many of those have matches that can last 30+ minutes at a time. Why is it so hard for the community to say that you HAVE to play that 6-7 minute game you just signed up for, when other communities can stick it out for 30 minutes or an hour? What makes DBD so goddamn special that it can't be treated like nearly every other online multiplayer team based game? Because every single one of these actions will completely RUIN the game for 4 other players. Why does this community excuse such selfish behavior?

    Oh my.

  • I'm hoping the DC penalty will be removed once bots are in, because if my teammates are just going to DC, you aren't going to see me stick around. That's really my only opinion about it.

  • I guess if DC penalties are removed, I can DC as Killer if I feel that I’m not able to win the match and I don’t want to play with these survivors anymore.

    Or maybe I’ll just DC when I see offering or last minute same character switch.

    Seems legit to me

  • Sure, let’s remove it for everyone. Including killers.

1 2 ›