Gen Rushing

Is there a counter for gen rushing? As a killer main, sometimes it feels as if I'm just there as decoration in a match when you get a 4 person swf that all brings the best toolboxes and add-ons, and half the time they have a gen done before I even cross the map. Is there a way to actually accomplish something in these matches? I'm all for these add-ons, especially in solo queue but it feels way too overpowered in team efforts. I've had matches end in mere minutes and there's nothing I could do except maybe get one hook, if I'm lucky. I'm at loss at what to do and it happens enough it makes playing the game feel not even worth it anymore.

Comments

  • Depends on how you play and how you want to "counter" it. Endgame builds basically say F you to it, Deadlock screws the tempo, spreading pain and hooks (as in the physical location of where you hook them), or go to the (sadly) common method of tunneling the heck outa the weakest link.

    The best we can give without seeing how you play or knowing how you want to play is pick and choose the gens you want and not care about the others as only the doors matter.

  • Coutner gen rushing by kill rushing. Get downs faster than they get gens done and snowball your pressure.

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    Coutner gen rushing by kill rushing. Get downs faster than they get gens done and snowball your pressure.

    Mostly this, you are probably going to get flammed, but you are going to be a lot of times anyways.

    Focus on 2 survs and forget the other 2.