Endless Hide and Seek

I want to talk about that odd scenario where 2 survivors remain, but do nothing but hide. This makes the game stagnant and quite boring when it happens.

In the spirit of keeping things moving and making more sense, how about if a chase hasn't started for 3 or 4 minutes, 'Whispers' is granted until the next chase begins?

Comments

  • I could see them doing some similar to that. Not sure what tho. There would probably have to be some counter part to it for survivors tho, in the sense of if they're just not able to find a generator. So the survivor would get a notification of the closest generator location maybe a minute before the killer 'whisper-like' affect happen. But I get what your saying. Maybe a blood point penalty after x amount of time doing nothing progressive for the game(repairing, healing, sabotaging, etc) you start to loose x amount of blood points every second. And maybe it ramps up every minute. It wouldn't be a complete fix but it would help some.

  • It seems to me that when the hatch appeared after 5 events, there was no such problem. now you want the two survivors not only not to run away, but not even to hide. their task is to survive, it is not surprising that they fulfill it

  • @Pavel_Ch said:

    It seems to me that when the hatch appeared after 5 events, there was no such problem. now you want the two survivors not only not to run away, but not even to hide. their task is to survive, it is not surprising that they fulfill it

    Holding the game up forever just to snicker about it is not cool, dude.

  • I had a similar suggestion to this problem recently: If there's no chase happening in 5 minutes, every survivor gets a killer instinct, until either a chase starts, or a survivor loses a health state.

  • @Pavel_Ch said:

    It seems to me that when the hatch appeared after 5 events, there was no such problem. now you want the two survivors not only not to run away, but not even to hide. their task is to survive, it is not surprising that they fulfill it

    Their task is to escape...



    They should mainly fix bug, where crows will never get active, if you drop and pick up item.

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    I had a similar suggestion to this problem recently: If there's no chase happening in 5 minutes, every survivor gets a killer instinct, until either a chase starts, or a survivor loses a health state.

    Would tweak it a bit:

    You get killer instinct on a survivor if you have not chased them and they did not progress a gen a significant amount (something like working on it uninterupted for at least 10/20 seconds) for five minutes.

    Reasoning:

    If the survs are down to two ppl, their best bet is not to be found, so playing sneaky is justified. But they should at least TRY to do some progress and risk being found while working on a gen. A survivor doing so won't be highlighted, but a blendette hiding in a corner will be. The killer could even let the active survivor escape intentionally to hunt the "useless" survivor.

    This kind of situations happen frequently when down to two ppl (in soloQ): one survivor bold enough to do something, one other hiding somewhere doing nothing. As a killer, I want to give the active one the escape, but thats not possible if I cannot find the "useless" player that is just hiding. So eventually, I might have to kill the player that at least tried something in a hopeless situation, even though its undeserved for them to be killed, and undeserved for the "useless" player to get a chance for an escape. A mechanic for revealing such useless players would really help.

    Another situation where such a thing would have helped:

    Recently I had a soloQ game, where two of my random mates (two blendettes) legit did no touch a gen at all, they were hiding with urban / stealth perks the whole game. We played against a Myers with tombstone, and since he could not get enough stalk to reach tier 3, he let us do gens. I even let myself downed and wiggle free, to help Myers find them (yes, thats technically working with the killer, so bannable, but they clearly did not "participate in normal gameplay", so banable as well), but with their stealth perks and dark outfit, I too could not find them (wish I had bond in this game). Eventually all gens got done, suddenly they were there to open gate, and Myers chased and moried one of them. But the other got out, although I tried my best to prevent it, undeserved (did NOTHING to progress the game). Such a reveal mechanic would make such scummy behaviour impossible.

    One last thing: Losing a health state is not a great condition imo, since the survivors will be able to do this voluntarily with the new Nic Cage perk "plot twist" (when injured).