Killers need a meta "shake up"
Over 90% of my rounds I see killers using pain res, deadlock, sloppy butcher, pentimento and play thing. These perks are SO boring for gameplay, especially pentimento which is insanely overpowered because solo q teammates lack the logic of going back to a totem they cleansed and leave other teammates to do it despite not knowing where the totem is.
Also with these perks being the killer meta they are seen EVERY round yet when survivors use a perk often it gets nerfed, including survivor perks that are weak i.e., spine chill and MoM yet sloppy butcher for example was already meta before it got buffed but dev's still buffed it to the disgusting state it's in now.
Another example is thanatophobia which got buffed even though it was already meta then when devs realised what a massive mistake they'd made they reverted it but I'm yet to see a sloppy revert.
If dev's like to "shake up the meta" then why are the killer perks I've listed still the only killer perks being used, or does shaking up the meta only apply to survivor perks? The meta "shake up" destroyed survivor perks i.e., DS & Iron Will so they're never seen anymore but I'm still seeing killer perks that were apparently "nerfed" in the meta shake up, this is evidence the perk changes are unbalanced in killers favour. Why does "nerfing" survivor perks mean outright obliterate yet "nerfing" killer perks means slight power reduction so it's at least still useable?
Comments
My favourite perk is nowhere to hide. Great for finding hiding Blendette's. :()
But I don't know the solution. Survivors moaned about gen regression perks now moan about killers replacing them with other perks.
During the current event gens are faster than a F1 tyre change.
I enjoy the game but it's in a sorry state at the moment with both sides unhappy.
100%, every match is a stomp these days in one direction or the other, it feels like matches are decided in the first 90 seconds every time.
Both metas have been insanely boring to go against.
See, that is the problem right there. What no one thinks about is the lack of diversity. Adaptation only forces you to follow the meta like all the other sheep flocking around the haybale.
The game lacks diversity on both sides. After everything is being over-nerfed, only a handful of perks are really viable to run on either side these days, you hardly see any build-variations like you did in the past. That is the main problem, not player skill.
Builds are getting stale, tactics and strategies are getting stale.
I can't wait until Nicolas Cage comes around, and brings some fun perks into the mix