@Bbbrian2013 said:
Nothing is ban able on consoles.
The rules don't exist yet because bhvr is still working on the system for consoles.
Edit: You can be banned from sending messages by playstation/xbox if you send offensive messages after a match. Nothing in game is effected though.
This is false. While console bans aren't a thing yet, reports are being logged and tallied, and people will be banned for what they did.
Implying console bans will ever actually be implemented. If it does there is no way they'll ban everyone who has broken rules before adding them. Especially DCs. Most of the community would be banned in that wave.
@Bbbrian2013 said:
Nothing is ban able on consoles.
The rules don't exist yet because bhvr is still working on the system for consoles.
Edit: You can be banned from sending messages by playstation/xbox if you send offensive messages after a match. Nothing in game is effected though.
This is false. While console bans aren't a thing yet, reports are being logged and tallied, and people will be banned for what they did.
Implying console bans will ever actually be implemented. If it does there is no way they'll ban everyone who has broken rules before adding them. Especially DCs. Most of the community would be banned in that wave.
I'd sooner trust a developer's word about what will or won't be implemented than a random player's. At least the former has direct influence over what will be implemented.
@Bbbrian2013 said:
Nothing is ban able on consoles.
The rules don't exist yet because bhvr is still working on the system for consoles.
Edit: You can be banned from sending messages by playstation/xbox if you send offensive messages after a match. Nothing in game is effected though.
This is false. While console bans aren't a thing yet, reports are being logged and tallied, and people will be banned for what they did.
Implying console bans will ever actually be implemented. If it does there is no way they'll ban everyone who has broken rules before adding them. Especially DCs. Most of the community would be banned in that wave.
I'd sooner trust a developer's word about what will or won't be implemented than a random player's. At least the former has direct influence over what will be implemented.
The developers have never said they will retroactively ban players on console. Only that its being tracked. So you're trusting something you made up.
Don’t worry, the games only been out for 1.5 years on console. I’m sure they’ll have a system soon 🙄.
I looked at the Xim thing, why would you pay $100 for something to use on Dead by Daylight? From what I’ve heard, KB+M won’t solve that spicy sub 30 FPS most people get.
@Bbbrian2013 said:
Nothing is ban able on consoles.
The rules don't exist yet because bhvr is still working on the system for consoles.
Edit: You can be banned from sending messages by playstation/xbox if you send offensive messages after a match. Nothing in game is effected though.
This is false. While console bans aren't a thing yet, reports are being logged and tallied, and people will be banned for what they did.
Implying console bans will ever actually be implemented. If it does there is no way they'll ban everyone who has broken rules before adding them. Especially DCs. Most of the community would be banned in that wave.
I'd sooner trust a developer's word about what will or won't be implemented than a random player's. At least the former has direct influence over what will be implemented.
The developers have never said they will retroactively ban players on console. Only that its being tracked. So you're trusting something you made up.
Y'know, now I'm not so sure. @Peanits, can you clear this up?
I don't think we'd ban for that. This isn't the type of game where you get a significant advantage with a mouse/keyboard. Even if we decide to later on down the line, we would make sure it is properly announced first.
While reports are already saved, we don't have a ban system in place on the console versions of the game just yet. The rules still stand for the console versions as well, and something someone does now can still be punished later. The rules exist, the ban system does not.
But as far as using a keyboard/mouse on consoles, we have no rule against that at the moment. As always, if that changes, we will make sure to announce it first and we would not retroactively ban someone for doing so before the rules changed.
Just double check the TOS for your platform. If Microsoft or Sony say not to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. They can enforce their TOS and we won't be able to help you if they do, so just make sure it's okay first.
I don't think we'd ban for that. This isn't the type of game where you get a significant advantage with a mouse/keyboard. Even if we decide to later on down the line, we would make sure it is properly announced first.
While reports are already saved, we don't have a ban system in place on the console versions of the game just yet. The rules still stand for the console versions as well, and something someone does now can still be punished later. The rules exist, the ban system does not.
But as far as using a keyboard/mouse on consoles, we have no rule against that at the moment. As always, if that changes, we will make sure to announce it first and we would not retroactively ban someone for doing so before the rules changed.
Just double check the TOS for your platform. If Microsoft or Sony say not to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. They can enforce their TOS and we won't be able to help you if they do, so just make sure it's okay first.
In all fairness, BHVR should allow DBD Console players to use M/KB. The sole reason why being that it’s much harder to catch and track juking Survivors when you can’t turn as fast and precisely as you would with a mouse.
Regarding the use of Xim4 on PS4 specifically, I do not think Sony bans Xim4 M/KB users so long as they do not use Xim4 in multiplayer - I think it’s fine using M/KB in single-player only. I don’t know if game developers can request exemptions for their games but it might be a good thing to bring up to BHVR so they can bring it up to Sony, considering how awfully a controller limits and negatively affects Killers.
I heard there can be some pretty bad latency using a KB/M on console because of the adapters, plus it wasn't made for one. Why is everyone trying to be PC without being PC?
I heard there can be some pretty bad latency using a KB/M on console because of the adapters, plus it wasn't made for one. Why is everyone trying to be PC without being PC?
Some people don't like playing on PC. I don't like Steam so it makes PC a huge turn off for me as a platform.
@Peanits said:
I don't think we'd ban for that. This isn't the type of game where you get a significant advantage with a mouse/keyboard.
Only because survivor is easier with a controller. (360's and looking behind you are easier to pull off)
Mouse and keyboard do offer a significant advantage to a killer. I'm pretty sure anyone else who plays rank 1 on both pc and console will agree.
I see what you mean, but in the sense that playing survivor with a controller doesn't give you an advantage over mouse/keyboard, it ends up being a pretty level playing field as you can already play against a mouse/keyboard killer on PC while using a controller as survivor.
We'll have to discuss it though, it's definitely worth discussing. I don't think it gives you a notable advantage personally.
I heard there can be some pretty bad latency using a KB/M on console because of the adapters, plus it wasn't made for one. Why is everyone trying to be PC without being PC?
Some people don't like playing on PC. I don't like Steam so it makes PC a huge turn off for me as a platform.
@Peanits said:
I don't think we'd ban for that. This isn't the type of game where you get a significant advantage with a mouse/keyboard.
Only because survivor is easier with a controller. (360's and looking behind you are easier to pull off)
Mouse and keyboard do offer a significant advantage to a killer. I'm pretty sure anyone else who plays rank 1 on both pc and console will agree.
I see what you mean, but in the sense that playing survivor with a controller doesn't give you an advantage over mouse/keyboard, it ends up being a pretty level playing field as you can already play against a mouse/keyboard killer on PC while using a controller as survivor.
We'll have to discuss it though, it's definitely worth discussing. I don't think it gives you a notable advantage personally.
Using a kbm converter is completely untrackable so you have no reason to worry about being banned
I heard there can be some pretty bad latency using a KB/M on console because of the adapters, plus it wasn't made for one. Why is everyone trying to be PC without being PC?
Some people don't like playing on PC. I don't like Steam so it makes PC a huge turn off for me as a platform.
what so bad about steam?
Its by far the best platform I know^^
I don't think we'd ban for that. This isn't the type of game where you get a significant advantage with a mouse/keyboard. Even if we decide to later on down the line, we would make sure it is properly announced first.
While reports are already saved, we don't have a ban system in place on the console versions of the game just yet. The rules still stand for the console versions as well, and something someone does now can still be punished later. The rules exist, the ban system does not.
But as far as using a keyboard/mouse on consoles, we have no rule against that at the moment. As always, if that changes, we will make sure to announce it first and we would not retroactively ban someone for doing so before the rules changed.
Just double check the TOS for your platform. If Microsoft or Sony say not to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. They can enforce their TOS and we won't be able to help you if they do, so just make sure it's okay first.
In all fairness, BHVR should allow DBD Console players to use M/KB. The sole reason why being that it’s much harder to catch and track juking Survivors when you can’t turn as fast and precisely as you would with a mouse.
Regarding the use of Xim4 on PS4 specifically, I do not think Sony bans Xim4 M/KB users so long as they do not use Xim4 in multiplayer - I think it’s fine using M/KB in single-player only. I don’t know if game developers can request exemptions for their games but it might be a good thing to bring up to BHVR so they can bring it up to Sony, considering how awfully a controller limits and negatively affects Killers.
Lol u can't tell if someone is using a zimm or not though even Sony can't tell as it converts m&kb to controller input. It's why blizzard doesn't like it but can't stop it
No. If you use XIM I know Xbox doesn't ban for that. Also you don't get a real mouse with XIM, it makes the mouse simulate the stick. You're not getting a true 1:1.
Also m/kb support is coming very soon on Xbox. I think in the spring update when the official Xbox m/kb sets made by Razor come out.
FACTS:
PlayStation is a closed system. Any device that works on the PS4 via the USB connector, Bluetooth, or WiFi, is allowed, as Sony has specifically written drivers for it. Games are not allowed to state what is, or is not, allowed only Sony is. In order for any publisher to be allowed to sell any piece of software that runs on the PS4, they must abide by the rules set forth by Sony. Keyboards have been allowed since the PS4 was first released. Mice were added shortly thereafter.
@Kaelum said:
FACTS:
Mice were added shortly thereafter.
Only keyboard for a while? Odd.
It’s because of how the devices work. Keyboards follow a fairly simple specification, that all keyboards support for key presses. Mice on the other hand, are all different. There is a very basic set of functionality that all current mice support, but beyond that, they all differ. Special mice are unlikely to have anything more than basic functionality. You can check the PlayStation Store, and manufacture web sites, for devices with specific support on the PS4.
@Kaelum said:
FACTS:
Mice were added shortly thereafter.
Only keyboard for a while? Odd.
It’s because of how the devices work. Keyboards follow a fairly simple specification, that all keyboards support for key presses. Mice on the other hand, are all different. There is a very basic set of functionality that all current mice support, but beyond that, they all differ. Special mice are unlikely to have anything more than basic functionality. You can check the PlayStation Store, and manufacture web sites, for devices with specific support on the PS4.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If u mean use a Zimm they have no way to tell u are using it so unless u say u are they can’t tell
Funny thing even blizzard struggles with this on overwatch
Nothing is ban able on consoles.
The rules don't exist yet because bhvr is still working on the system for consoles.
Edit: You can be banned from sending messages by playstation/xbox if you send offensive messages after a match. Nothing in game is effected though.
This is false. While console bans aren't a thing yet, reports are being logged and tallied, and people will be banned for what they did.
Implying console bans will ever actually be implemented. If it does there is no way they'll ban everyone who has broken rules before adding them. Especially DCs. Most of the community would be banned in that wave.
I'd sooner trust a developer's word about what will or won't be implemented than a random player's. At least the former has direct influence over what will be implemented.
The developers have never said they will retroactively ban players on console. Only that its being tracked. So you're trusting something you made up.
I looked at the Xim thing, why would you pay $100 for something to use on Dead by Daylight? From what I’ve heard, KB+M won’t solve that spicy sub 30 FPS most people get.
Y'know, now I'm not so sure. @Peanits, can you clear this up?
While reports are already saved, we don't have a ban system in place on the console versions of the game just yet. The rules still stand for the console versions as well, and something someone does now can still be punished later. The rules exist, the ban system does not.
But as far as using a keyboard/mouse on consoles, we have no rule against that at the moment. As always, if that changes, we will make sure to announce it first and we would not retroactively ban someone for doing so before the rules changed.
Just double check the TOS for your platform. If Microsoft or Sony say not to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. They can enforce their TOS and we won't be able to help you if they do, so just make sure it's okay first.
The sole reason why being that it’s much harder to catch and track juking Survivors when you can’t turn as fast and precisely as you would with a mouse.
Regarding the use of Xim4 on PS4 specifically, I do not think Sony bans Xim4 M/KB users so long as they do not use Xim4 in multiplayer - I think it’s fine using M/KB in single-player only.
I don’t know if game developers can request exemptions for their games but it might be a good thing to bring up to BHVR so they can bring it up to Sony, considering how awfully a controller limits and negatively affects Killers.
Theoretically its bannable since it is not whitelisted (is there even a whitelist on console?) and you probably need a third party program for that.
However I highly doubt that this is sth you can detect
I was looking for on to help a bit for huntress / nurse... Any reference ?
Just buy a PC?
I heard there can be some pretty bad latency using a KB/M on console because of the adapters, plus it wasn't made for one. Why is everyone trying to be PC without being PC?
Only because survivor is easier with a controller. (360's and looking behind you are easier to pull off)
Mouse and keyboard do offer a significant advantage to a killer. I'm pretty sure anyone else who plays rank 1 on both pc and console will agree.
Some people don't like playing on PC. I don't like Steam so it makes PC a huge turn off for me as a platform.
I see what you mean, but in the sense that playing survivor with a controller doesn't give you an advantage over mouse/keyboard, it ends up being a pretty level playing field as you can already play against a mouse/keyboard killer on PC while using a controller as survivor.
We'll have to discuss it though, it's definitely worth discussing. I don't think it gives you a notable advantage personally.
Ah, personal issues then.
what so bad about steam?
Its by far the best platform I know^^
It's why blizzard doesn't like it but can't stop it
No. If you use XIM I know Xbox doesn't ban for that. Also you don't get a real mouse with XIM, it makes the mouse simulate the stick. You're not getting a true 1:1.
Also m/kb support is coming very soon on Xbox. I think in the spring update when the official Xbox m/kb sets made by Razor come out.
I have to say after going back and forth between using zim and a controller, killer is like almost unplayable on a controller. Jesus.
FACTS:
PlayStation is a closed system. Any device that works on the PS4 via the USB connector, Bluetooth, or WiFi, is allowed, as Sony has specifically written drivers for it. Games are not allowed to state what is, or is not, allowed only Sony is. In order for any publisher to be allowed to sell any piece of software that runs on the PS4, they must abide by the rules set forth by Sony. Keyboards have been allowed since the PS4 was first released. Mice were added shortly thereafter.
Only keyboard for a while? Odd.
It’s because of how the devices work. Keyboards follow a fairly simple specification, that all keyboards support for key presses. Mice on the other hand, are all different. There is a very basic set of functionality that all current mice support, but beyond that, they all differ. Special mice are unlikely to have anything more than basic functionality. You can check the PlayStation Store, and manufacture web sites, for devices with specific support on the PS4.
Neat fact.
