Your opinions on the upcoming changes to Sadako?

In my opinion the Sadako changes are kind of contradictive. It seems like they want condemnation to be more of a slow down mechanic, rather than one used for extra lethality. But really that doesn't work out when survivors become immune to condemnation as long as they have a tape. Since they no longer build up passive condemned stacks, with this change tapes basically become Sadako's EMPs. You are safe as long as you have one with you and you can easily get rid of them anytime even when Sadako chases after you now that you can get rid of it on any TV different from the one you got the tape from. And similar to Singularity, Sadako loses a lot of control over her own power, which is instead transferred to the survivors. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

To top it off her teleport is harshly nerfed. More incentives to interact with TVs + longer TV cooldowns after a survivor turned them off = fewer teleports. Which also results in her getting less condemned stacks by teleporting and fewer chances to play hit and run to build to condemned. This only leaves hooking as a way to build condemned stacks, which doesn't really work out too well because she doesn't have a chasing power. And even in the off chance it does work out... What does it do for you? Nothing really. Because you need so many hooks for it to really apply pressure that you'd win the game anyway.

The changes to her demanifestation are ok. But I fail to say how they would be of any significance. She cannot get stunned by pallets anymore as long as she is demanifested but this really isn't a big deal in my opinion. It's most likely she'll find herself in a similar position to Wraith where she will try to fake her uncloak and force a pallet out of the way but that won't really work. Her chase isn't really improved by these things either.

This actually looks like a pretty significant nerf to me. A friend of mine (radiantHero), who mains this killer and has played for her condemned gimmick quite successfull and has condemned survivors more than 8000 times is of the same opinion. Obviously we haven't seen her addons yet but I'm not too happy about this.


What do you think about the changes they made to her base kit?

Comments

  • There are some real positives and real negatives to the changes.

    No chase music while demanifested is huge. That's a really good change.

    Getting rid of her Condemned playstyle (hopefully) is a massive win.

    HOWEVER...

    They've made the exact same mistake they made with Singularity. Just as there's no reason to ever not have an EMP, there's no reason to ever not have a tape. The tvs are right by the gens. Just...get a tape. Do I have a tape>no>get a tape. Do I have a tape>yes>ok. They're tuning these mechanics around super duper low level survivor play.

    • The time a TV is disabled after a Survivor removes the Cursed Tape has been increased to 90 seconds (was 60 seconds).

    This seems a little too weighted in favor of survivors when coupled with this change

    • Cursed Tapes can now be placed in any TV other than the one they were retrieved from.

    I would look at reducing the duration a TV is disabled when a survivor removes a tape to about 45 seconds instead, and seeing how things go from there.

    I understand that the below change is meant to incentivise Survivors to use the Tapes to prevent Condemned build-up, but that's not very likely to happen.

    • Holding a Cursed Tape no longer passively builds Condemned.

    This change is completely invalidated

    • Projecting to a TV now applies ¾ of a stack of Condemned to all Survivors not carrying a Cursed Tape

    By these changes

    • Cursed Tapes can now be placed in any TV other than the one they were retrieved from.
    • The time a TV is disabled after a Survivor removes the Cursed Tape has been increased to 90 seconds (was 60 seconds).

    It's honestly a mess. I understand the point of these changes, but I can't agree with them as they're based on the assumption that survivors aren't just going to remove Sadako's ability to teleport.

    While holding a tape will safeguard a survivor from Condemned spread from Teleporting, it won't protect them from this.

    • When a Survivor carrying a Cursed Tape is hooked, all other Survivors gain one stack of Condemned and the Tape is destroyed.

    This makes carrying a tape risky if Sadako catches you. What's the simplest way to eliminate both that risk, while simultaneously eliminating condemned build-up from Sadako teleporting? Take her power away. 90 seconds means that with survivors going two to one gen each, that's two gens gone by time the tv is available again.

  • Super great that they gave her at least something in chase for now, but I'm really concerned about teleports and tapes.

    • So with tape I can get 2 condemn MAX, but at the same time I can be protected from teleport condemnation. And if condemnation getting close - just grab and drop the tape in the nearest TV on the way from one gen to another.
    • All survivors grabs the tape. Still atrocious 70 seconds cooldown + 15 seconds cooldown + most TV's are off (tapeless=useless), basically no teleport power.

    I see that my common action of sweeping the map (when I teleported few times in a row) and finding survivors now completely removed. That's very scary! Valuable information (appearance/flashing of glowing ring on portrait) is no more available 😖


    We will see. At least it's a start, and devs finally hear community (I literally never saw that large amount of pleas to buff Sadie). Maybe they tweak her a little more.

    Again, personally, I wouldn't bother so much, I'd just simply added:

    • iri tape baskit
    • drawing basekit (with healing progress condemnation, no healing finishishing, to avoid slugging)
    • news paper basekit
    • + what they did already with ghost form (I think going through windows would be appropriate too)


    We'll see, we'll see.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    Super great that they gave her at least something in chase for now, but I'm really concerned about teleports and tapes.

    • So with tape I can get 2 condemn MAX, but at the same time I can be protected from teleport condemnation. And if condemnation getting close - just grab and drop the tape in the nearest TV on the way from one gen to another.
    • All survivors grabs the tape. Still atrocious 70 seconds cooldown + 15 seconds cooldown + most TV's are off (tapeless=useless), basically no teleport power.

    I see that my common action of sweeping the map (when I teleported few times in a row) and finding survivors now completely removed. That's very scary! Valuable information (appearance/flashing of glowing ring on portrait) is no more available 😖

    We will see. At least it's a start, and devs finally hear community (I literally never saw that large amount of pleas to buff Sadie). Maybe they tweak her a little more.

    Again, personally, I wouldn't bother so much, I'd just simply added:

    • iri tape baskit
    • drawing basekit (with healing progress condemnation, no healing finishishing, to avoid slugging)
    • news paper basekit
    • + what they did already with ghost form (I think going through windows would be appropriate too)

    We'll see, we'll see.

    She's getting an add-on pass, but we don't have any details on that.

    Expect Sadako to spend most of her match powerless.

  • When I read the first bit about them updating Sadako I was really excited! However, after reading the changes I'm more concerned.

    I am happy to hear about Sadako's change in her demanifested state, but the TV and tape changes feel like they'll significantly weaken her. There's no real rush to lose tapes as the condemnation timer has gone, the ability to flow through TVs (which I enjoyed doing) to confuse feels like it's going to be much less effective. If people keep taking tapes and putting them in any TV, her teleportation will become even more weak. This makes me feel she's been made nerfed overall.

    Of course, there will be the PTB and BHVR have been far more reactive to feedback, so I'm not ridiculously worried as if this is not working well then I'm confident they'll act (so in some ways I applaud them for trying something). I'm certainly hoping they know something most cannot see, but it's not adding up in my head right now.

  • One Pump Willie summed it up, it's a complete water down. It makes her even less interesting to play.

  • I never thought Sadako was as weak as everyone says (I personally always did well with her, and have seen others do even better) but she definitely didn’t need a nerf even if that’s not what they’re calling it. The hooking mechanic that removes tapes is very powerful but at the cost of nearly eliminating what makes her threatening in the first place. I think they should just revert it back - having to retrieve a tape and go to the specific tv to remove your condemned stack was a clever way of wasting survivor’s time which now no longer applies.