Dreamworld Darkness

I'm not sure, if this is a bug, so please excuse me if I post this in the wrong section.

While playing a game of Freddy I ran into an issue with him that I have encountered quite a few times in the past. For some reason there are areas on many maps that are so incredibly dark you basically can't see anything.

20230701234949_1.jpg

In the picture above I see a lot of black, a pallet and a locker. But mostly it's pitch black. In case you don't recognise it, this was taken in the smaller building on Grimm Pantry.

20230701234924_1.jpg

Another spot (this time at the bottom of the main building) And I have real trouble seeing anything other than the wall to my left, a pallet highlighted in white and a lot of black. Looking closer you'll find there are actually scratch marks. But when everything is so dark it's pretty hard to see them.

20230701234916_1.jpg

Again, it's incredibly dark. I can roughly see what is in front of me now that I've turned off all the lights in the room and made my surroundings as dark as possible but that shouldn't be a requirement just to play this killer on certain maps. I know that it gets even worse on RPD, some places on Lêry's Memorial Institute and especially Garden of Joy.

It's really straining the eyes when you have to try and see something in pitch blackness. A bit of suboptimal lighting (which is probably the case for most players) makes it near unplayable. Please BHVR, see if you can do something about this.

Comments

  • This is how game looks for me on some maps, old gen, not sure if that is revelant tho.

    And freddy's dreamworld or just deep wound makes it much worse. Dbd is the only game where I have to up the brightness and the sad thing is, I'm not sure if it helps or makes it worse. I am even using a certain colorblind setting that makes it a little brighter but it still feels dark as always.