Question about community challenges

Take the chase one for example. How is it all calculated?

Obviously, you need to activate it to reach 180 for the initial reward. But does it continue to count for the Communal progress even after you've put in your 180? If so, do you need to leave the challenge active for your chase seconds to count for the communal? Or does NO ONE actually need to activate that challenge outside of their own personal 180 and it just counts all chases?

Comments

  • You can only contribute 180 seconds. Then you have to work on other challenges and wait for everyone else to do their part

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    You can only contribute 180 seconds. Then you have to work on other challenges and wait for everyone else to do their part

    Damn and i waited with that challange because i thought it wasnt worth it anyway if the community havent finished it yet.

  • sorry wrong thread

  • Actually, now that I think of it again. It HAS to count even after you've finished your portion. So my only question is do you need to keep the challenge active for your chases to count? It does track past 180 and everything.

    There is no way you can only provide 180 and then you're done impacting the overall goal. The number is 62 million chase seconds. If each player could only add 180 that would mean this challenge would take like 344 THOUSAND plus players completing it. IIRC the most players EVER on the game at once was like 50k? It'd take weeks to finish let alone the 2 days it appears we are on target for.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Actually, now that I think of it again. It HAS to count even after you've finished your portion. So my only question is do you need to keep the challenge active for your chases to count? It does track past 180 and everything.

    There is no way you can only provide 180 and then you're done impacting the overall goal. The number is 62 million chase seconds. If each player could only add 180 that would mean this challenge would take like 344 THOUSAND plus players completing it. IIRC the most players EVER on the game at once was like 50k? It'd take weeks to finish let alone the 2 days it appears we are on target for.

    I believe the number you are referring to is for Steam only and is the number of players playing at any one time.

    Across all platforms there are hundreds of thousands of players daily.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://activeplayer.io/dead-by-daylight/&ved=2ahUKEwilvb20_Nz_AhWrMlkFHSzRApcQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3iIVyKgClFGOCAj6WMOMA1

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    You can only contribute 180 seconds. Then you have to work on other challenges and wait for everyone else to do their part

    Are you sure? Perhaps 180 secs are needed to complete your part but if you keep the challenge on the number will increase. I'm around 2,000 seconds now. I think this way I can contribute more.

  • @CorvusCorax86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3462637#Comment_3462637

    Are you sure? Perhaps 180 secs are needed to complete your part but if you keep the challenge on the number will increase. I'm around 2,000 seconds now. I think this way I can contribute more.

    That's how it worked last year. So unless they changed it and didn't announce it, I would assume that's still how it works