Suggestion: Reduce camping and tunneling probability by introducing reward mechanisms.
I want to start with the conclusion that camping and tunneling cannot be completely eliminated because they are the most effective strategies for the Killer players. No matter what methods are used, players will always find ways to counter them. So, my idea is to reduce camping and tunneling by rewarding behaviors that discourage them. For example, rewards in the form of bloodpoints for using BBQ & Chili and the effects of "Monitor & Abuse" are aimed at encouraging Killers to play less aggressively. I believe this approach will be more readily accepted by players than punishing camping and tunneling behaviors.
Here are a few examples for your reference:
Adjust BBQ & Chili: Provide additional rewards or bonuses when survivors are not camped after hooking.
Introduce powerful Killer perks that become ineffective once a survivor is killed.
Enhance perks like "Cruel Limits" to promote alternative playstyles.
One reason why Killers resort to camping and tunneling is that survivors repair generators too quickly, and they have no choice but to stay close to the hook. This extreme gameplay leads to a vicious cycle: the faster survivors repair, the higher the chances of camping and tunneling, and the more Killers camp and tunnel, the faster survivors repair. This creates an increasing conflict between survivors and Killers.
To address this, I suggest providing benefits to survivors outside of generator repair. One idea I have is allowing survivors to keep items found in chests, even if they die in the trial. Additionally, transferring some of the score points from escaping through the exit gates to other actions like opening chests could be considered.
These are the suggestions I have at the moment. I believe that increasing the game's choices and playstyles will make it more enjoyable. The current game environment feels overly competitive, but I trust that the development team has even better ideas. I hope my suggestions can be taken into consideration.
Comments
because they are the most effective strategies for the Killer players
That's the biggest issue with the game. Most effective tactics being the most boring one. Tunneling/camping should not be most effective
I completely agree. I really despise killer players who tunnel one person until they are dead, and then rinse and repeat.
I am not one of those killers, fortunately. But the thought has crossed my mind a few times, especially when the matchmaking decides to randomly put me in a lobby with a P100 "sweat with friends" squad who look like they are practicing before a tournament.
So, it might not be the players themselves that are problematic, but the matchmaking system having a lot of trouble discerning skill levels. The old ranking and matchmaking system was indeed better. I had way more fun on the killer side before the SBMM change, so that might be one of the reasons why killer players tend to sweat more these days.