Made For This should be made into this!

Made For This

You were born to survive, and raised to adapt.

Whenever you unhook a Survivor, take a Protection Hit or completely heal one health state of another Survivor, Made for This activates and you benefit from the following effects after being injured:

  • Gain a 1%/2%/3% Haste status effect for 60 seconds.
  • Gain the Endurance status effect for 10 seconds after unhooking or completing a healing action on another Survivor.

Made For This deactivates upon being put into the Dying State and does not recharge upon performing any of the aforementioned actions while it is active.

The Changes

  • Nerfed the ability to now have an activation requirement aside from just being injured.
  • Nerfed the ability so that it deactivates upon being hit and thus needs to be activated again.
  • Nerfed the duration to 60 seconds.
  • Buffed the Endurance status effect to be a flat 10 seconds.
  • Buffed the ability to no longer be affected or affect Exhaustion.

The Reason

  • Made For This is currently far too powerful and rewarding for its current iteration. Survivors should never be rewarded for being hit without something to have been done beforehand and the 3% Haste boost can be very powerful while looping.
  • However, the perk itself can be designed better given some statistics changes to make it far more manageable than before, hence above.
  • I personally think the Haste boost is fine, but needs some sort of things that keep it in check. This does exactly that.
  • I also think that the Endurance part of the Perk removes its ability to synergize well with other perks, and with the changes I made to it, it would be pretty redundant to have.

Comments

  • this kind of ruins MFT. I like the concept of rewarding altruism, but MFT isnt really the perk to apply it to. Its a self chase extender like lithe and SB, and also has no synergy with them. It kind of reminds me of the DH killing nerf, where they made it anti tunnel (a good base for a perk) but it became terrible bc of it (bad perk to apply it to).

    I think that MFT is a fine perk, and that its only real issue is easy haste stacking. Most killers can just ignore that its even there, using their range/chase mobility to down people rather than m1. Unlike its counterparts (lithe and SB) that every killer has to deal with on some level. Even nurse herself gets demolished by a good SB, but is she gonna care you move 0.12m/s faster? that logic applies to most high tiers. wesker, plague, huntress, hag, oni, blight, nurse... all of them either move so fast that 3% is nothing or have so much range or pressure distance doesnt matter. Only m1 killers are really affected that much, but thats the case with everything in this game anyways and is more of a killer balance issue than a perk one.

    side note: The part where unhooking someone gives you endurance is a bad idea. It would encourage the killer to tunnel off hook rather than deal with you. After all, 2 injured survivors have BT right now, so whats the incentive to wait out the unhookers rather than the unhookees? borrowed time used work like that, gave endurance to everyone. did not go well 😭

  • @nars said:

    this kind of ruins MFT. I like the concept of rewarding altruism, but MFT isnt really the perk to apply it to. Its a self chase extender like lithe and SB, and also has no synergy with them. It kind of reminds me of the DH killing nerf, where they made it anti tunnel (a good base for a perk) but it became terrible bc of it (bad perk to apply it to).

    I think that MFT is a fine perk, and that its only real issue is easy haste stacking. Most killers can just ignore that its even there, using their range/chase mobility to down people rather than m1. Unlike its counterparts (lithe and SB) that every killer has to deal with on some level. Even nurse herself gets demolished by a good SB, but is she gonna care you move 0.12m/s faster? that logic applies to most high tiers. wesker, plague, huntress, hag, oni, blight, nurse... all of them either move so fast that 3% is nothing or have so much range or pressure distance doesnt matter. Only m1 killers are really affected that much, but thats the case with everything in this game anyways and is more of a killer balance issue than a perk one.

    side note: The part where unhooking someone gives you endurance is a bad idea. It would encourage the killer to tunnel off hook rather than deal with you. After all, 2 injured survivors have BT right now, so whats the incentive to wait out the unhookers rather than the unhookees? borrowed time used work like that, gave endurance to everyone. did not go well 😭

    I'm not even sure this is a nerf. Endurance on unhook by itself is huge. Pretty sure first iteration BT did this and it was insanely strong.

    Also the rest of your post is flat out wrong in instances. Some of the killers you mention are 110% ones.

  • I think duration kills the perk. Some player said dark theory effect is too weak, you know. 2% does nothing but as I keep playing killer vs this perk on experienced loopers, I am starting come to conclusion that 3% is too high of a number. Its almost like I knew dark theory effect was strong. The weaker players survivor MMR players are just as easy to down but very experienced top 1% looper's show the perk's power-level. Since perk introduction, I have never seen so much Hope get used. I used to facing 4 adrenaline but now I just see Hope everywhere as killer. My survivor game experience? Never been easier to loop then now.

    Just from early impressions, I think the perk needs to go from 3%->2%.

  • You don't really want endurance for unhooking.

    It's simple:

    I would want to do 1 for 1 as a killer, but second hit gets on endurance and you run away.

    So what is logical thing to do:

    Chase survivor who just gained lot of distance and I know for 100% is 3% faster,

    or wait 10 second behind survivor who just got unhook who is right next to me?


    Btw with those changes to endurance there would be exactly 0 reasons to keep movement speed boost. That perk would be insane just with that endurance effect.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    I think duration kills the perk. Some player said dark theory effect is too weak, you know. 2% does nothing but as I keep playing killer vs this perk on experienced loopers, I am starting come to conclusion that 3% is too high of a number. Its almost like I knew dark theory effect was strong. The weaker players survivor MMR players are just as easy to down but very experienced top 1% looper's show the perk's power-level. Since perk introduction, I have never seen so much Hope get used. I used to facing 4 adrenaline but now I just see Hope everywhere as killer. My survivor game experience? Never been easier to loop then now.

    Just from early impressions, I think the perk needs to go from 3%->2%.

    I think duration is the perfect solution. Treat it like lucky break.