Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...
I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".
It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.
I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1
Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww
Comments
spending 15 minutes waiting for a killer match in 2v8 then getting disconnected half way through has been a treat
I am now receiving this exact message after being disconnected unwillingly. Then, the game completely crashes. I'm on Ps4.
This has been an issue for so many people in the forums and we need it looked into.
I never saw this message in my 5000 hours on Nintendo Switch, but it obviously affects Steam and Playstation. Possibly xbox?
Had it happen to me again today. So annoying. I already had 2 kills at 2 gens left. Then suddenly the game froze, I could still move, but the animations were stuck for like 7 seconds. Left with 0 BP as usual, Survivors all got their BPs though.
I really don't know why the devs seem to ignore (?) this issue lately. No word, acknowledgement, nothing. I think the last time they said something in this thread was a year ago.
Very sad and frustrating to have this bug happen on a regular basis...
Still waiting for a response.
And I really like the idea of seeing two 100+ post threads about this issue going back over a year on the front page.
Yeah no clue why the devs won't say anything about this issue.
Thanks for reporting this issue! This thread is over a year old, and we encourage players to create a new thread so that we can track the issue more accurately. The older reports in this thread and the newer ones may be completely unrelated so it's important that we monitor them separately. We will be reaching out to the newer reports for logs and cloud IDs from this thread. Thank you!