Why all the hate for the new chapter?

I don't get it. We get some cool perks and a neat killer, but everyone's just complaining about it. Did you want a perfect update or something? A lot of y'all are so blinded by your reactionary disappointment that you can't see that we have some fun new toys to play with. There doesn't seem to be anything to warrant such an outcry in this update, it's fine and didn't break the game

Comments

  • @Exerlin said:

    I don't get it. We get some cool perks and a neat killer, but everyone's just complaining about it. Did you want a perfect update or something? A lot of y'all are so blinded by your reactionary disappointment that you can't see that we have some fun new toys to play with. There doesn't seem to be anything to warrant such an outcry in this update, it's fine and didn't break the game

    Long answer shorted: Play new killer vs competent team.Enjoy

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm of the same mind.

    Singularity has some balance issues, but as far as these issues go, it's comparatively a pretty minor fix. He's not overwhelmingly broken or fundamentally flawed, he's just a fun killer that needs a little tweak. The perks are fun and interesting, and while the map isn't great, that's been pretty standard for a while. All things considered, this is a pretty good chapter.

    It need all except a little tweak

  • @robrob909 said:

    Boring killer nothing really shaking up the stale meta. Mmr sucks hasn’t been changed. Solo queue worse than ever. Nothing addressed to make the game fun maybe stop working on bad chapters and address how unfun it is for both sides to play right now. No on wants to play vs a gen kick killer, killers can’t really defend gen speed without resorting to tunneling etc it’s very boring to play against and very boring to play killer right now. Either it’s dc left and right or gens flying. Only thing worse then playing high mmr killer is solo queue. And no idc if you’re a 10 hour a day killer main and this game is easy for u go outside.

    No worries surely devs will fix tunnel and camping and destroy their own game

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3454176#Comment_3454176

    Thing is, I'm usually the most level-headed when it comes to new chapter impressions, I'm usually right there giving every doubt it's benefit, finding the good in whatever mixed bag they give us. I can't see it in this killer at all. This is the first time I've been instantly disappointed, and can't find a way to redeem it.

    I've played against him several times as a solo survivor. I haven't failed to have constant access to EMPs, and I haven't failed to completely delete his power when he tries to use it. The only times he did any damage was when he stopped using his power and just played as a powerless M1 killer. I've played as him a few times, and haven't been able to teleport to any survivor, because as soon as I activate a pod, it gets instantly EMP'ed.

    It seems from watching other streamers who manage to use him well, that his power only works in chase, as in you shoot survivors directly. This simply isn't feasible on controller. He's Trickster all over again.

    I have never complained about a new killer on release. I have been on these forums for years too. This killer is just.....I can't even describe it. Then there are people claiming "fire pods mid chase and he's strong" like what? I am already doing that. They vault/drop pallet/etc I fire one on the wall and they dip out while I'm in the camera. So your telling me (not you) fire pod in loop, switch to camera, lock on, switch back, get los, teleport. That is the fastest way to get a down using your power assuming emp's don't go off to boot?

    I could kill that survivor in that same situation with just about every other killer so much faster without relying on all these variables. If that's the best way to play him that is not ok. This game is too fast paced currently to have to play a hand of poker in chase.

    Then you got the random people complaining about people complaining. That's always nice. This forum is for feedback. Devs can't/won't change anything if they don't know there is an issue.

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3454095#Comment_3454095

    No worries surely devs will fix tunnel and camping and destroy their own game

    I agree I don’t think they can fix it without ruining the game. I think they just need to give more options to win on both sides. You should be rewarded with good chases and rewarded for committing to a survivor in harder to catch loops. This can all be translated into time added to regression or slow down gens. Having to kill someone from the start is just boring as well as hit run back to 3 gen kick. Kick kick kick hit hit snooze fest. On the survivor side I’m not sure what they can do cause one good chase already determines the game.

1 2 ›