Singularity fun but difficult

I've seen a lot of people saying that he's another terrible killer, or that they're being completely shut down by emps, but I have two words for you. Pod placement.

If you plave your pods in bad places, you will be heavily punished for it, especially if you're not using Hux's natural area control to its fullest.

I've found that his ability can be wildly abused in the right situation while nullifying emps to a dramatic level. This is done by purposely placing pods as high as you can, and as far as you can from the gen without being out of range or costing you coverage on the gen. This forces survivors to go out of their way to disable your pods before they can do a gen. At some gens however, you can place two pods far enough away that you can see the gen with both pods, yet the emp only disables one.

The next bit includes some planning ahead and that's putting pods in areas survivors HAVE to be in which creates this strings of pods that grants you full access to always slipstreamings a survivor. They may disable the first pod they get hit with, only to get hit again in the next area making the emp useless.

Of course this is difficult and even more so with competent survivors, but that just makes this killer all the more fun. You're rewarded for using your brain, and penalized for just shooting your pods like you're in an fps game.

Will you lose? Yes, and sometimes the map just isn't your favor at all, but if you aren't strategic then you'll find this killer incredibly frustrating to play.

Comments

  • Lol,

    Singularity has to be the most unfun killer to date to play has!

    It's a survivor's wet dream...

    They get not one... but multiple remote controllers to shut down the killer's power with.

    Imagine if solving pinhead's puzzle didn't allow him to teleport to it and his power just ended with no consequences or drawbacks to survivors... that's how it feel to play singularity.

  • I played around 10 games yesterday.

    I had two outcomes:

    - indoor maps are hell

    - Made for this is broken


    Singularity can be fun killer overall on open maps a skill ceiling is definitely high.

    I don't think EMPs should disable pod for that long, it would be currently better if they get destroyed, so I don't waste my time using it.