Suggestion: what if we make ALL challenges split for both roles?

What if every challenge would be combined, like it was in short halloween book:

  • unhook N times or hook N times
  • repair N gens or kill N survivors

etc.

Even my favorite, the "single match" ones. For example:

  • hook 4 survivors in the basement using perk "bla bla bla" in a single match / unhook 4 survivors in a single match using perk "bla bla bla"


I wanna howl, scream and wail how UNFUN and MISERABLE is to play as survivor.

Let's make all challenges combined, eh? Please? Pretty please? ๐Ÿ™

Comments

  • Issue is that split challenges usually have way higher amounts needed than normal.

    This whole 4th tome is really grindy...

  • I think they like to make the challenges as varied as possible to keep them interesting, having each challenge available to complete as a killer and survivor limits that.

    Also, I imagine the devs are happier when people play both survivor and killer, encouraging people to play more/spend more. If completing all challenges was important to a survivor main, they wouldn't have to play killer at all to achieve that, if they did what you suggest.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    Issue is that split challenges usually have way higher amounts needed than normal.

    This whole 4th tome is really grindy...

    Agree about grindy. I don't mind do twice as much, but just not with trash role.

  • @saintjimmy456 said:

    I think they like to make the challenges as varied as possible to keep them interesting, having each challenge available to complete as a killer and survivor limits that.

    Also, I imagine the devs are happier when people play both survivor and killer, encouraging people to play more/spend more. If completing all challenges was important to a survivor main, they wouldn't have to play killer at all to achieve that, if they did what you suggest.

    I understand their motive, but the thing is I'm not happier. Killer challenges are done super fast, but survivors are obnoxiously grindy, plus playing survivor bring be so much negative emotion, I start to question myself why I still play this game.

    Who could have thought that "Perform cooperative action for 360 seconds" could take more than 20 games? And there is Ash challenge on horizon: take 3 protection hits in single match(!) and escape(!!!). You are joking, right? I forgon when I escaped last time.

    And here killer ones: hook 4 survivors in basement. Lol. To match with Ash's challenge should be "4 survivors must be on a basement hook at the same time".


    I'm oldschool, but I still belive that game should be fun in priority.


    And yes, no one force me to do survivor challenges, but it's the only way to get rifts, otherwise I wouldn't touch them.